Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, February 15, 2024

More measuring spoons

 To town and walking at 6:30.
The temperature was 22 degrees, clear, and no wind.
The sun rose at 7:09 and once the sun came over the mountain
 I got to walk in the sun.
Morning Walk Steps 12,568

Once again I headed over to the library first to drop off a DVD.
Next walked around the ball park, and then both of the cemeteries.

One of the cemeteries is up at the end of this road.


Took this one at the cemetery.
Thought it looked a bit like a tornado. 


After walking around the cemeteries I went up and down all the
streets in town.

There were some geese at the pond but they all flew away when I walked by.


🌤

Blankets for Babies day and left for church right after breakfast.
I handed in my February blanket, I'm giving the weave-its a rest
and knitting the blanket for March.
Everyone loved the fleece yarn I'm using.
There were 10 of us there including 2 new people that have joined us.
Marilyn brought the food and Sandy did the devotional.
Since no once volunteered for next months devotional I did.

Another measuring spoon set.
I like these because they are colorful and have a few different sizes.
2 tablespoons, 1/2 tablespoon, 1/8 teaspoon


This morning when I was gone Ken put some hot sausages in the
slow cooker so we're having them for supper.

The afternoon brought some rain and LOTS OF WIND.
Posting a little early today just incase we lose power.

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit.
It is most appreciated.
Happy Thursday
happyone❤️

Comment Replies:
Dianna - I'll have to take a run up to Whispering Pines and add some more measuring spoons to my collection. 🙂

17047
746469

15 comments:

Tom said...

...I like the colors too!

Debby said...

I like the bright colors too.

LC said...

Arenthe routes you walk icy and slippery? Freezing temperatures are rare here on the Mississippi Gulf Coast.LC

ellen b. said...

Hope you don't lose power. It is nice to get some odd sized measuring spoons. That's a fun 'tornado' sky!

Ann said...

Always great when you can walk in the sun. That's an interesting cloud. I like the colors of those measuring spoons.
It's supposed to get really windy here too.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. I hope you don't lose power. I like the colorful measuring spoons. See you again tomorrow.

Ginny Hartzler said...

This set of spoons is really colorful and pretty!!

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like these measuring spoons, so colourful.

Hope you didn't lose power in the rain and strong wind.

All the best Jan

Dianna said...

We certainly had strong winds here this afternoon too. We lost power for a few hours as a result of it .

I like that these measuring spoons have different measurements that most sets don't.

Have a great Friday!

Nellie said...

I haven’t seen a 2 Tablespoon size before. You have a very nice collection. We’ve had a windy day here, too, but we’ve kept power. We’re fortunate that we rarely have a power outage.

Billy Blue Eyes said...

Yep I do like the skytrails

eileeninmd said...

Love the sky shot, with the contrails.
You do have a nice collection of measuring spoons.
We may get some snow overnight, not sure about the wind.
Take care, have a wonderful weekend.

Faith said...

I LOVE the sky photo!! that's so neat!!

How fun to walk every day in a little village. I live north of Albany NY in typical northeast suburbia so NO sidewalks.....but i do a lot of my walks in the local parks or nature preserves and the Erie Canal bike path. I do walk in my neighborhood but it's currently super cold and windy so.....I haven't walked much this week.

Have a wonderful weekend!

The Furry Gnome said...

I enjoy all your posts Karen, but for some reason google hasn't been letting me comment.

Granny Marigold said...

Very colourful measuring spoons.
I hope you didn't have a power outage.