Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, February 03, 2024

A surprise book

 

25 degrees this morning and calm when I got to town and
started walking at 6:40.
Sunrise was at 7:23 it was sunny.
It's been a while since I walked in the sun and it sure was nice.

Walked to the post office first and mailed a few cards.

Walked all over town, both cemeteries and the. ball park loop.
Saw a couple of deer off in the woods by the ball park.

Went over to the barn to see the cows.


It is the time of year when the cows have their babies.
I spotted 12 of them this morning.
Here's some of them.
It is so much fun to watch them run around.


Still haven't seen any people out walking.

Morning Walk Steps 12,700

🌤    🥾    🙂

Ken and I both left the house at the same time this morning.
He went to the DG Market and
I went to the library to meet the ladies for stitching.
Six of us there today.
 Two were knitting
Two were crocheting
Two were doing embroidery 
I was knitting another sparkle scrubby.

At the library there were books wrapped in gift paper.
If you pick up one of these surprise books to read your name gets
put in a drawing and if your name is drawn at the end of the month
you get a $25 gift card to a book store.

This is the book I picked up.
I've read a couple of books by Rhys Bowen but not one of her mysteries.
I've been wanting to try one of her mysteries so looking forward to reading it.


Number 4 Nesting Doll

Can't remember where I got this one either.
Only 5 to this set and smaller than the others.
Largest one 4 inches
Smallest one inch
No name on bottom


Thanks for stopping by.
Hope you all had a super duper Saturday.
happyone


Comment Replies:
Dianna - Yes, the same people who bought our house in town are still there.  I was sad to see that they got rid of my daisy garden down by the road and the cone flower garden up by the house. People used to stop and take pictures of the daisies.

17593
535925

15 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

We love mysteries! Especially the English ones. This barn looks large, clean, and well kept. What a fun thing for the library to do!

Tom said...

...sun and a blue sky is a gift in winter, enjoy it while you can.

Dianna said...

Those dolls are small, but they are beautiful n. I like the colors. Thank you for answering my question. It makes me sad to think about your daises and coneflowers being taken off. 😪

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. I love mysteries so would love to know how you like this one. I think it is fun how your library has contests and games to get people to read. So glad you got to walk in the sun. It is very gray and cloudy here today, but the rain has stopped for now. Have a good Sunday!

Lowcarb team member said...

That first photograph is beautiful.

All the best Jan

Mari said...

Look at that blue sky! The cows look happy too, and what fun to see the calves.
Our Cassie was over today and was playing with our nesting dolls. I thought I should take a photo to show you. One of these days I will!

Prims By The Water said...

I always loved the bay cows on my grandparents farms. They were just adorable. Janice

Debby said...

Aww the babies are so cute. The nesting dolls are nice.

Ann said...

Mysteries are my favorite thing to read.
Such cute baby cows.

Debbie said...

What a great day...sunshine and a free book!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
The first pond scene is lovely.
The cows and calves are so cute.
Mysteries are my favorite.
Take care, enjoy your day and have a happy week ahead.

Jeanette said...

First picture with the sun and clouds is so pretty!

Prims By The Water said...

Cute nesting dolls along with cute calves. Janice

ellen b. said...

Congrats on your win! I like mysteries. The eyes on this nesting doll are different and interesting.

William Kendall said...

A beautiful dawn sky.