Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, January 01, 2024

Total Steps

 This first day of the year was a snowy one.
No good walking in town so had to get my steps inside.
My total steps for the year 2023 were
6,297,758
That is NOT just morning walk steps but for the whole day.
That is an average of 17,254 steps a day.

Haven't found any coins in a while but throughout the year on my walk
I found 6 quarters
6 dimes
2 nickels
12 pennies
Total $2.38

🥾    💰    🌨

Well I lasted to New Years day to take down all the Christmas decorations.
Everything down and put away.
Many of you know that I store the decorations in these shaker boxes.
Very handy.


Ken has started the next candy hunt for me.
This time it is junior mints.
Todays find I thought was a good one and sure made me laugh.


Still enjoying reading my 'big' book' and spent part of the afternoon reading it.

It's been a quiet day at home and never even left the house.

A Happy New Year to all and may it be one of health, happiness, and contentment.

Thanks for popping in for a visit.
happyone👩🏻‍🦳

Comment Replies:
Linda Baker - Thank you for reading my blog and your kind comment.  I know a Linda Baker from NJ who I went to school with. I'm sure there are more Linda Bakers around but thought it sure would be a small world if you were her. 🙂

16,126

15 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Happy New year sweet lady! I know you are anxious to get back on your walks. Take care and stay warm and enjoy that big book! Hugs, Diane

Inger said...

Happy New Year and I hope the weather will be better for walking soon. And congratulations on all of the steps.

Tom said...

...Karen, is that Fiestaware in your hutch? I buy pieces when I can find them.

susan q said...

I like to track my steps for the month and then for the year to look back and inspire me to keep going. Happy New Year, Karen.

The Happy Whisk said...

Congrats on that many steps. So good for us.
I took everything down today. Though I was ready to take it all down last weekend.
Just wasn't able to get to it until today.

I love putting them up.
And I love taking them down.

Happy 2024!

ellen b. said...

You win hands down for steps! Wow! Love the new hiding spot for the junior mints. Made me smile, too. A very Happy 2024 to you and yours!

Lowcarb team member said...

Happy New Year Wishes.

Hopefully the weather will improve and you will be able to walk outside.
Well done on your step count for last year.

All the best Jan

Dianna said...

The snow today was beautiful. I love it that you store your Christmas decorations in the shaker boxes. That's quite a collection. Did you find them locally or were they family heirlooms? They are beautiful, as are your Fiestaware in the hutch. Happy New Year to you.

Granny Marigold said...

You put in an amazing number of steps throughout the year. I'm not sure how many I did but I know I don't do more than 10,000 a day.
We had a lovely morning for walking. Other than that I stayed indoors all day too.

Lisa said...

We haven’t did much walking in a few months and I can feel it. I made myself go out and walk (alone) this morning. It felt nice at 47 degrees and sunny. We counted our walking change from the honey jar and accumulated 4.91 cent. Now we have new goal to reach this year. So we be getting back out and walking soon.

Happy New Years.
Lisa

Hill Top Post said...

That's an amazing number of steps! Wow! I was tempted to keep track of mine this year, but have decided to keep on doing it the old way. I have enjoyed following along with you every step of the way. Yay!

Ann said...

Wow, that sure is a lot of steps. Good for you.
I like how you store your Christmas decorations. I normally take mine down on New Years day but didn't feel like it yesterday. They'll slowly come down over the week and I'll finish this weekend.
Love how Ken hid your junior mints. So clever. That one made me laugh.

eileeninmd said...

Happy New year. Your step count for the year is amazing. Well done!
Your shaker boxes look colorful and pretty. Cute image from Ken's candy hunt.
Have a great day and happy week!

Jeanette said...

That is a perfect way to store Christmas decorations!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen! Wow that is a lot of steps. Good for you! I need to get a different Smart Watch that counts my steps better. My Apple Watch isn't so great at that. I love the way you store your decorations in the Shaker Boxes. They look so festive and colorful stacked there in your corner. I hope you have a great day. See you again tomorrow!