Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Sunday, October 22, 2023

Sunday

 Happy Sunday



๐ŸŽถCome, Thou Fount๐ŸŽถ
Robert Robinson

1. Come, thou Fount of every blessing;
tune my heart to sing thy grace;
streams of mercy, never ceasing,
call for songs of loudest praise.
Teach me some melodious sonnet,
sung by flaming tongues above;
praise the mount! I’m fixed upon it,
mount of God’s unchanging love!

2. Here I raise my Ebenezer;
hither by thy help I’m come;
and I hope, by thy good pleasure,
safely to arrive at home.
Jesus sought me when a stranger,
wandering from the fold of God;
he, to rescue me from danger,
interposed his precious blood.

3. O to grace how great a debtor
daily I’m constrained to be!
Let that grace now, like a fetter,
bind my wandering heart to thee.
Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it,
prone to leave the God I love;
here’s my heart; O take and seal it;
seal it for thy courts above.


๐Ÿ“– Pslam 3:8 ๐Ÿ“–

 Salvation belongeth unto the LORD:
 thy blessing is upon thy people. Selah.

A Blessed Sunday to all
happyone๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป‍๐Ÿฆณ

16 comments:

Tom said...

...keep looking up!

Mari said...

Beautiful photos, beautiful song!

Bill said...

Beauty in the sky.

ellen b. said...

...bind my wandering heart to thee.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Beautiful pictures, Karen. Have a great week!

Ann said...

Love those pictures of the sky

Ginny Hartzler said...

I know this hymn! Gorgeous photos.

Dianna said...

One of my favorite hymns. And your photos are beautiful. The Scripture you chose goes beautifully with both.

Terra said...

Oh I love this hymn, five years ago we sang it often in church. "Prone to wander" "Take my heart Lord".

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Amen.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

I love your beautiful sky photos.
Take care, have a wonderful week!

aspiritofsimplicity said...

that is one of my favourites.

Henny Penny said...

Beautiful post. I don't think I've heard that hymn. The leaves in your last post are unbelievable. Nothing like that around here.

Jennifer said...

Thanks for a wonderful hymn! Hope your Sunday was blessed and full!!

Lowcarb team member said...

Beautiful photographs.

All the best Jan

William Kendall said...

Glorious skies.