Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, September 01, 2023

Sunny day

 

At town and walking at 6:25
Sunrise 6:45
A bright sunny morning at 52 degrees with a slight breeze
Morning Walk Steps 13,306

Started my walk going down the road toward home, then turned around and walked back through town with a stop at the library to throw a DVD down the slot.

Continued through town and over to the industrial park and walked around there.

Walked up and down the street behind the DG Market.
In the parking lot I found 4 coins:
1 penny
2 dimes
1 quarter


Walked back through town again and to the Jeep.

John was out walking Prim and Lisa walking around town too.

New house number 1 is getting the shingles put on today.

It felt like Fall on this first day of September.

This colorful rooster is in Kermit's yard.



☀️         ðŸ¥¾         ðŸ™‚

Hard to stay in the house on this beautiful day so I went for another walk up and down the lane this afternoon.


Then I sat on the porch and knitted.
Don't know how many more days are left of sitting on the porch before it gets too cold to sit there so out there now whenever I can.

Happy Friday and thanks for popping in for a visit.
happyone


13 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love the color of today's button. It is rainy and cool here today, and it feels like fall. We may get a little snow in the mountains this weekend. Looks like you had a really beautiful day there where you are. Enjoy the weekend. See you again soon!

ellen b. said...

Sounds like a lovely start to September for you. Great day for coins!

Tom said...

...I like how the farm is framed in the first image!

Ann said...

You hit the jackpot on finding change. Love that rooster.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love how the sun is shining on part of the second photo. And the first photo is just plain beautiful. Today's button reminds me of Malachite.

Billie Jo said...

A lovely way to start a lovely month! Happy September!

Mari said...

Oooh - such a beautiful walk today. I like the rooster.
Guess what? I was driving home today and I go past a lot of farmland. One of the fields had rows of hay bales wrapped in that white plastic just like you showed a few days ago. I told you I've never seen that - and now I have!

Granny Marigold said...

It really is hard to stay indoors on these precious last days of warmth. Good for you taking advantage of the afternoon sunshine.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Wonderful photos and a nice walk. I love the first garden and the rooster.
Take care, have a great weekend.

Bill said...

I love your first photo, it's so pretty.

Jeanette said...

We are outside as much as possible too! Soaking it up!

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like the rooster :)

All the best Jan

William Kendall said...

Quite a rooster!