Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, August 24, 2023

Work Day


Got to town and started walking at 6:25.
Temperature was 64 and it was cloudy.
Toward the end of my walk I felt a couple of rain drops but that was all.
Morning Walking Steps were 12,962.

Headed on over to the library first to drop a DVD down the slot.
Then around both cemeteries.
Continued on through town and up and down the side streets, around the ball park and back to the Jeep.

Rebecca was out walking and I ran into her two times.

Passing by the yard with the chickens by the ball park and I saw the woman who lives there, out with the chickens. 
I stopped to say hi and she told me saw a hawk swooping down and she has been out running up and down the yard chasing it away.

The roof on the new house now has all the plywood on the roof, the tar paper is on too and some other kind of roof wrap.

Stopped to talk to a man who was looking at all the trucks at the dealership and we commented on how expensive all the trucks are!!!!  
Most were around $75,000.
That is a crazy amount of money.

☁️         ðŸ¥¾         ðŸ™‚

Today was a Fingerprints work day at church. 
We left here 11:00 this morning and got back home at 5:30.
Didn't count all the people but there were around 20 people throughout the day coming and going.

Happy Thursday and thanks for stopping by.
happyone


17 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

That's a whole lot of church work! Your first photo is gorgeous! I love how the sky makes the water and fountain look orange. I have had blouses with square buttons. They are very hard to fit thru the buttonholes!

Tom said...

...the pond is magical.

Lowcarb team member said...

I agree with Tom about the pond :)

All the best Jan

Deb J. in Utah said...

You have a good, active church, with lots of willing helpers. :-)

Mari said...

That was a really busy day! You got another gorgeous pic today.
I can't believe how expensive trucks are. And I wonder how anyone can afford them...
That's a fun button!

ellen b. said...

A busy day! That is an unusual rectangle button.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Nice sky.

God bless.

Ann said...

That sounds like a very busy day. Nice that you had that many people show up throughout the day to help with the work.
Yes, 75,000 is a lot for a truck. The last time I got a new car we had also walked through and looked at the trucks. The prices then were crazy.

eileeninmd said...

Love the view of the pond and sky, beautiful!
You had a busy day, it is nice so many came to help.
Take care, have a great weekend.

Debbie said...

When I read your paragraph about the lady and the chickens, I first read it as "the lady who lives out with the chickens" :) I had to go back and read it again to realize she lived there and was out with the chickens :) It gave me a good laugh :)

Kerri Farley said...

Beautiful picture! And your button reminds me of a piece of candy :). Have a great day!

Bill said...

Beautiful sky.

Jennifer said...

Fingerprints work day?? Love that. Had to look it up but see it is exactly what we did on Monday morning! We just call it Scripture assembly:) Great way to spend the afternoon, isn't it!! Happy Friday!

Visits With Mary said...

$75,000, WoW, that's too rich for my blood. I love today's button, I have a thing for buttons. When I was a little girl it was a special treat when Momma would let me play with her buttons. She was a seamstress and had a box full of them. Precious memory. Happy Friday to you!!

Granny Marigold said...

Beautiful sunrise.
That woman must be very fond of her chickens to run up and down keeping the hawk away.
That rectangular button is very different. I've never seen any like it.

Sandy said...

Nice walking, you're doing well with your steps. I'd like to invite the Hawk to my yard to keep away some of the critters and save that woman running around to protect her chickens, lol. Finger print day at church? I'm confused by that. Is it a special program?

William Kendall said...

A beautiful sky!