Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Tuesday

 

On the drive to town there is an apple tree a couple blocks from home at the edge of the road and the apples have started to fall.
The deer often stop to eat the apples.
Today a few deer were there and I had to stop till they cleared out of the road. 
Got to town and started walking at 6:25.
Sunrise was at 6:36
The temperature was 64 degrees with a mix of sun and clouds.
Morning Walk Steps were 12,903

Walked through town and over to the industrial park and walked around there.
Danielle who I see walking once in a while was there too and we stopped for a chat.


Back in town I walked around both of the cemeteries.
Lisa was out walking too.

One lone fisherman was at the pond and I saw him catch a fish and then throw it back in.  
It looked like a good size.

🌤         ðŸš¶‍♀️         ðŸ™‚

Food shopping day and this week we went to the Shop and Save.
Don't like shopping all that much but do enjoy putting everything away.

I put a load of laundry in the washer before we left so had to hang that out when we got home.

Today I got more windows washed, this time the half bath window, dining room windows and the French doors that are all glass.

I made Vegetable Bean Soup for supper.  
Makes a generous amount so can freeze some too.
The recipe is HERE.

Happy Tuesday and thanks for stopping by.
happyone

The Button for today.


17 comments:

Tom said...

...that's quite a load of hay! For some fishermen it's about catching and not keeping!

Granny Marigold said...

Your Bean soup looks tasty!
I like the pretty pale green button.
That's a very big load of hay bales!! (Or maybe it's straw?)

Happy@Home said...

64 degrees sounds delightful to me. Can't wait for that here.
I washed a few windows today and thought of you :)

Debby @ From My House to Yours said...

the soup looks good. I used to enjoy grocery shopping and I still do in a way but it's not as fulfilling as it used to be. I find it takes me longer because I have to stop and justify why I am buying something - many times I will place the item back and just do without. I've lost about 5-10 lbs because I refuse to buy certain things because of their price. I always buy meat and veggies. The rest of the items, we can do without.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love vegetable beef soup, both homemade and canned. I know the button is a flower, yet it makes me think of a starfish.

Hill Top Post said...

I am so looking forward to some cooler mornings. We used to have blinds on our windows but they are long gone now. The better to see through now.

Ann said...

I could never quite get the point of fishing if you're only going to throw it back.
You had a busy day. Vegetable bean soup sounds good.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

A lot of hay.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

That is a lot of hay. Your soup sounds yummy.
It is chilly here this morning, jacket weather.
Take care, have a great day!

Inger said...

I love everything about this post, from the apples, the deer to the fisherman. You live in a really good place.

Visits With Mary said...

64* - that sounds awesome, maybe it won't be long before we start having some cool mornings. One can hope. I went over to Karen's Kitchen and checked out the Bean Soup recipe, it sounds and looks delicious. Something I might make when the temps are cooler and soup would taste even better.☺♥

Visits With Mary said...

oops, I forgot to say, I love today's button!

Jeanette said...

Window washing is my favorite chore to do! It's a lot of work but the results are so worth the effort! That is a pretty button!

ellen b. said...

We had soup weather yesterday. 64 is a nice walking temperature. Deer traffic is a more enjoyable type of traffic. :) By now you are done with your Wednesday morning walk. Have a nice day!

Bill said...

That's quite a load of hay.

NanaDiana said...

Hubby loves bean soup! Don't you love all the little interesting tidbits you see when you are out and about? It's nice, too, when you run into another walker and can chat them up a bit. xo Diana

William Kendall said...

Not surprising that deer will go for apples.