Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, August 12, 2023

A B C



📷            📷

6:26 was sunrise this morning.
61 degrees with sun and clouds for walking today.
On the drive to town saw a few deer and those wild turkeys again.  
Started my walk at 6:21 and went down the road towards home a ways and then turned around and headed back to town.
Not much traffic and took this picture standing in the middle of the road.


Passed on through town to the industrial park and walked around in there.
Saw a deer and a couple of rabbits but they didn't stand around for a picture.


Going back to the Jeep I came across this yard with lots of stuff out in the yard getting ready for an auction.
Didn't stop because I didn't want to see anything I 'needed' to have.
Love auctions but already have too much stuff.


Driving back home a raccoon ran out across the street in front of me and thankfully I still have pretty good reflexes for an old lady because he was almost a goner.

Found a quarter on my journey around town.
Morning Walk Steps were 12,562

☁️     ☀️     ðŸ¥¾     ðŸ’°     ðŸ™‚

After breakfast we popped out to the DG Market to pick up a few things and made a few other stops around town.

I baked the last batch of brownies before lunch.  
Then this afternoon decorated them all with letters and numbers for a back to school theme.  Hope the kids at Sunday school tomorrow enjoy them.



Happy Saturday
happyone


13 comments:

Tom said...

...we have been trying to get rid of stuff!

Retired Knitter said...

Yes, I avoid yard sales as well. I am focused on paring down my stuff.

The Happy Whisk said...

Glad the racoon made it. What a lovely place you live.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Your first button! This one is plain, but still kind of fancy. I shall be giving you my reviews on all of them. Your brownie decorations are perfect for the occasion!

Ann said...

I like to look but also have too much stuff so don't usually buy.
Glad to hear you missed the racoon. I hit one once and he did some damage since he was a pretty big one

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I am glad the raccoon was safe. The second photo is my favorite, a pretty landscape. Hubby and I have downsized, we let go of things we do not use or need. The kids will love those brownies. Take care, have a wonderful week!

Debbie said...

Not sure what was happening, but the first picture was just a black box and I had to click on it to see it. All the rest were normal.

I'm glad the raccoon made it! Good reflexes :)

Have a wonderful Sunday!

Jeanette said...

Looks like a nice morning for a walk! I never stop at garage or yard sales because I don't need anything they sell, usually! I can't resist estate sales though because I like to look at the houses! Lucky racoon!

Inger said...

Happy Sunday to you too. I'm sure the kids will love the brownies. Your 12,000 plus steps are so impressive and also an inspiration. I try to get in at least 1,000 on Faith's and my daily walks. It's not much, but at my age, I'm glad I can still do it.

Bill said...

We like going to charity shops and look around. Usually we walk out with a few books.

Mari said...

I've noticed a couple of colored leaves too. I'm not ready!
Your view of that curving road is so pretty!
I like todays button.

ellen b. said...

I bet the Sunday School kids really did enjoy those brownies! That is one interesting button and I bet you have several more up your sleeve!

William Kendall said...

Lucky raccoon.