Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, June 12, 2023

Rainy Day

A rainy morning walk today.
It was 62 degrees and too warm to wear rain pants and slicker
so just brought along my umbrella.
It was a nice gentle rain with no wind.
I'm sure the farmers are happy.

Sunrise 5:49
Morning Walk Steps 13,363

Walked all over town up and down all the streets,
both cemeteries, and the ball park loop too.
Had 15 minutes of no rain but other than that it rained the whole time.

A look at the pond from the other side where all the trees were cut down. 
 

Saw Kinelsy at the bus stop - tomorrow is the last day of school.
Stuart was stopped behind the school bus in his big truck.
Had a minute to say hi before the bus got going.

I was walking down from the cemetery and saw something in the
road but didn't know what it was.
A little closer and I saw that it was a snapping turtle.


When I got close to it I took this pictures.
Look at those claws!!


☔️    🥾    🐢

Yesterday on my walk I went up to the school to see if any
animals were in the little barn yet.


Yes, there are, 3 sheep.
Two were together and the third was by itself


and was able to go out side.
He was outside when I walked on the path behind the barn.
When I tried to get close he ran away.


🐑    🐑    🐑

A rainy day so didn't get to wash the sheets today.

This morning I made Sweet and Sour Cucumber Salad to to with
the hot dogs we had for supper.

Bible Time at our church is next month and I'm one of the
cookie bakers and today I baked the first batch of Chocolate Chippers.
This first batch was 5 dozen.
I'll be baking a total of 20 dozen.

It was a good day for reading and knitting and that's what I did.

Thanks for stopping by.
Happy Monday
👩🏻‍🦳happyone

16 comments:

Jeanette said...

that cucumber salad sounds good! I plan on making in soon!

Tom said...

...we had a beautiful rainy day too, the robin and my garden are happy! I would stay clear of that snappy turtle. Keep smiling.

Lowcarb team member said...

The sweet and sour cucumber salad sounds good, thanks for the link to the recipe.

All the best Jan

Ginny Hartzler said...

The sheep are beautiful, with their black faces and legs.

Retired Knitter said...

I am quite sure those sheep won’t run from you after a few visits!! They will be looking for your smiling face.

Mari said...

We had similar weather here - high of 63 with the same predicted tomorrow. We need some rain though!
That is a big snapper!
Cute little sheep. :)

Hill Top Post said...

I would love a rainy day walk! The FFA at the school here has a great program where lots of kids raise and show sheep.

Ann said...

It was a rainy day here yesterday. We really needed the rain.
That cucumber salad sounds really good.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
We had some rain too, finally it has been awhile since have a rainy day.
Love the sheep, I like the cute barn. We saw a big snapping turtle in the middle of the road too. Take care, enjoy your day!

William Kendall said...

Snappers are formidable beasties.

Rose said...

We had rain on Sunday...it was a really cool rainy, day. Almost cold.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

A turtle ... what a find.

God bless.

Granny Marigold said...

That Snapping turtle could do serious damage with those claws.
The sheep are cute!

Happy@Home said...

Oh my gosh, how funny to see that big snapping turtle sitting in the middle of the road.

Bill said...

I just saw a video on snapping turtles. You wouldn't want to get too close.

ellen b. said...

Loved seeing that turtle up close. Those claws! Glad you spotted him. There are turtles migrating from pond to pond here...