Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Kayaking πŸ›Ά

 55 degrees this morning when I started walking and
cloudy, but it turned sunny by the time I was done.
Sunrise 5:52
Morning Walk Steps 12,800


Walked around the lower cemetery first, the upper cemetery, 
and over to see the few cows and the little horses at the big barn.

Next it was over to the ball park to walk around that loop.
Wild flowers growing down by the stream.


The people who have property along one side the ball park have let their
chickens out of the chicken coop for the first time.
At least the first time I've seen them.
A thin little fence was put up and I was thinking it was for the chickens.
There are 12 of them and they all look the same.
They were quite friendly and came over to the fence to see me.
So now I have 12 new chicken friends.

Saying good bye to the chickens, I continued walking up to the main road
and up and down some side streets before ending my walk.

Didn't see any people out this morning except for Phil at the car dealers.

🌀    πŸ₯Ύ    πŸ“    πŸ™‚

No work around the house today.
We loaded up our kayaks in the truck and went to
Savage River Reservoir 
for some kayaking fun.
Weather was perfect - sunny and cool.


Wind kicked up a bit and we had some little waves come along.
We paddled against the wind and when we wanted to go back we
went to the middle of the water and let ourselves drift to see
where we'd end up.
So funny that we drifted right to the cove where we put
the kayaks in and out.

This was the first time kayaking this year and hope to go many times more.
Last year for some reason we only went once.
I guess we get caught up doing other things and forget about it.
I love to be out on the water paddling.
So peaceful and calm and beautiful.
We only saw 2 fishermen in a small fishing boat and two other
people in kayaks.

    πŸ›Ά       πŸ›Ά    

Thanks for visiting.
A happy Tuesday to you.
πŸ‘©πŸ»‍🦳happyoneπŸ€—

Comment Replies:
Jeannette - we like hot dogs roasted very well done too. πŸ˜ƒ

17 comments:

Tom said...

...you look great in your pink kayak.

William Kendall said...

Neat feather patterns on those chickens.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. We have never gone Kayaking, but it sure looks like fun. So glad you could spend the day doing what you love. See you again tomorrow!

Granny Marigold said...

Kayaking looks like a lot of fun.

Vee said...

Ahhhh...so relaxing...glad you remembered to go. Alas, my kayaking days are over, but I certainly enjoyed it. Thank you for taking us along.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I am impressed with the kayaking! Looks like yours is pink? So does this reservoir live up to it's name?

Hill Top Post said...

Yay for Twelve new friends and an afternoon kayaking on the lake. I just hope yesterday’s fox doesn’t come by way of those pretty hens.

Ann said...

That sounds like a very nice afternoon. I don't even know how to swim so kayaking wouldn't be my thing but I love to be around the water.
That's a nice pink kayak you have.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Love the cute chickens. The kayaking looks fun, a pretty spot.
Take care, enjoy your day!

Debbie said...

More animal friends and kayaking too? What a great day! And the water is gorgeous! Looks like a lot of fun.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Oh, what beautiful chickens.

God bless.

Bill said...

Kayaking sounds like fun, I haven't done that since the mid 70s.

Mari said...

Isn't it amazing how green and lush everything is - when not long ago it was snowing?
I like the chickens.
Kayaking looks like fun!

Debby said...

I'm not ready to do any Kayaking but I would settle for a little fishing boat with a small motor. I can't trust my shoulder and the husband's shoulder is healing.
Love your new feathered friends -

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like your pink kayak, it looks so peaceful.

All the best Jan

Ruth Hiebert said...

I like those chickens. My Mom always only had white ones.

Jeanette said...

I love your pink kayak! We've only gone kayaking a few times but always enjoy it!