Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, December 02, 2022

Fingerprints Day

28 degrees and I'm happy to say no wind!!
Sunny once the sun rose at 7:20.
Walked 5.8 miles

I put the cookies and pumpkin bread that I baked in the Jeep
and instead of parking by the pond I parked by the library
which is next to the town hall.
Baked goods were to be delivered there today for the sale tomorrow.

It was too early when I got to town to put the cookies in the hall so walked first.
Went around town and then around the ball park loop
and both cemeteries.
Next headed down the main road out of town back toward home a ways
and then turned around and walked back to town.


I ran into Lisa two different times and we stopped to talk each time.
Saw Tonya our mail carrier walking to the post office and we stopped
for a chat too.

Back at the Jeep I got the baked goods and put them in the town hall.
If you look closely you can see a bit of red sticking out from the
bottom left of the town hall - that would be my Jeep.


One other person had dropped theirs off.
All the goodies will be put on lace lined plates and presented 
so it all looks nice.
They will be sold my the dozen.
Sale is from 9 - 12 noon, but is usually sold out in an hour or so.


Ruth Ann works at the town hall and I poked my head into her
office to say hi.  

🌀    πŸ₯Ύ    😊    πŸͺ 

Did a few things around the house and then we headed out to
church for a day of working on the Fingerprint Ministry.
Just one day this month because we were just finishing up
a pallet that didn't get done last month.
There were 11 people working and we got 3815 books completed,
stapled, cut, and packaged up.
We worked from 12 noon till 4:30.

We had left over chili for supper so didn't have to cook when we got home.

Looking forward to a nice relaxing evening
watching a George Gently episode, having Chocolate Chippidy ice cream
and knitting.  A little reading will get in there somewhere too.

Thanks for visiting.
Hope you enjoyed your Friday.
πŸ‘©πŸ»‍🦳happyone😊

19 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

Sounds a very good day.
George Gently was a good series.

All the best Jan

Tom said...

...your day looked similar to ours. Stay warm and well.

William Kendall said...

The treats look good!

ellen b. said...

Those goodies look real good. I can understand why they get sold out. Those 11 workers got a lot done. Impressive. Happy ice cream eating during your relaxing evening!

Deb J. in Utah said...

I would sure come to that bake sale and get some goodies if we lived around there. Glad you had a good day. We woke up to a lot of snow this morning. More expected in a couple of days. Have a good weekend. See you again soon!

Ginny Hartzler said...

A very productive day!

Hootin Anni said...

Productive day topped off with delicious ice cream!!!

Ann said...

Sounds like a full day. That's a lot of books that were completed.

Debbie said...

I'll be adding George Gently to my line up!

Melanie said...

I've thought about watching George Gently. I enjoy those British mysteries. It's amazing that your town hall bake sale sells out so quickly! But then, those cookies look wonderful! Have a great weekend.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

The bake sale items look yummy. I am happy to walk on days with NO wind.
Take care, enjoy your weekend.

NanaDiana said...

Sounds like a productive day and sweetened by a bit of chat here and there with others. I bet those baked goods go fast. Enjoy the rest of your weekend- xo Diana

HWIT BLOGG said...

A buzy but lovely day! Always so nice visiting your blog :)
Have a great weekend and take care!
Titti

Vee said...

Oh I hope that the sale goes well! Will you be shopping there as well? I always try to support food sales in some small way and I must say that I have never been disappointed. All your days sound peaceable and this one was no exception

Debby said...

Thanks for including the link to this fingerprint ministry. Don’t laugh - I thought you were fingerprinting children. Then I thought people must come from miles around to get their children fingerprinted since you live in a very small town. Okay, you can laugh because I really was off base! What a meaningful ministry not that the other wouldn’t be but this work has eternal rewards. God bless you for this.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Oh I bet people are lined up, for the door to open!!!!

Must look up george gently. :-)

πŸŽ„ πŸŽ„ πŸŽ„

Granny Marigold said...

Another full day for you. I wonder if people don't have time to bake their own baked goods or they just like to try someone else's. I enjoy baking ( and eating) my own cakes and cookies and am rarely tempted to buy things at bake sales. But everything does look tasty.

Bill said...

It seems the baked goods are usually the first thing that sells out.

Rose said...

You accomplished a lot this day!