Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, August 06, 2022

Day 3

Today makes 3 days not walking.
Yes, I am getting tired of not being able to go walking,
but at least I didn't break anything and it is just temporary
so I can't really complain.

Improving - swelling almost gone and can take little steps
without hurting.
My ankle is a lovely shade of purple and yellow.
I am amazed how quickly my sprained ankle is healing.
Thank you for all those prayers.
Nothing like the power of prayer!!!

Thought I'd share a couple of pictures of Ken's HO Train Layout
since I don't have any walking pictures.

Some relax on the beach, others go paddling, and one guy who is not very nice.
Can you find him? 


 Ken built the bridge from scratch.


Didn't do much today but did walk around the house and did some chores.
More sitting out on the porch reading and knitting.
Mostly sunny with a little rain shower passing through.

Thanks for popping in.
A happy Saturday to you. πŸ™‚
πŸ‘©πŸ»‍🦳 happyone ❤️

Just in case you didn't figure out who the not very nice guy was 
in the first picture here is a close up. 🀭


19 comments:

ellen b. said...

That bridge is impressive. Glad you hear your ankle is better.

Hill Top Post said...

Ken's train layout is always a fun secondary to your walking layout. Actually, I enjoy both. At least you still have your sense of humor. Ha! I have a feeling you are going to be out walking before very long.

Retired Knitter said...

Wow, I think Blogger has stopped putting recent posts in my Google inbox. Guess I will need to check my Reader function. Sorry you had a mishap. I am quite sure it is frustrating when you can’t walk.

Aritha V. said...

Love it. I prayed for you.
Have a nice Sunday.

Tom said...

...Ken's scenery looks like the real deal!

Ginny Hartzler said...

This is a very impressive train layout! All the more because he made some of it himself. They say that sprained ankles can take longer to heal than broken ones, so the prayers really did work!

Granny Marigold said...

The trestle bridge that Ken built is quite amazing.
It's great to know your ankle is on the mend.

Vee said...

Ken! 🀦🏻‍♀️

Very nice new displays.

Three days already?! Goodness. Well I certainly am glad that you are able to take small steps.
Will continue praying...

William Kendall said...

When I hurt my knee it hurt for quite awhile.

Debi said...

I'm glad to hear that your ankle is healing well. I can only imagine all of the work that Ken has put into his train layout. Everything is so detailed.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Still praying for you.

God bless.

Ann said...

Glad to hear your ankle is better. You'll be out there again before you know it.
That bridge is pretty impressive. I did spot the streaking in the first picture....lol

Hootin Anni said...

I am in awe of Ken's artistic talents!!! But, like you, I miss your walks.

eileeninmd said...

It is good news your ankle is healing quickly. Ken's train layout is amazing.
Take care, have a happy new week!

Inger said...

I love this, Ken is so creative and so talented. He has created something magical here. I'm impressed by the reflections in the water.

Inger said...

Oh, I forgot to mention your foot injury. I'm so sorry this happened to you, the best walker I know on the blogs. You must be missing your walks so much. I hope you will be able to resume them soon. Have a blessed Sunday.

Jeanette said...

I love Ken's train set up! That is a cute not so nice guy scene! Glad your ankle is healing fast!

Beside a babbling brook... said...

LOL I love his sense of humor!

πŸ’› πŸ’› πŸ’› πŸ’›

Debby said...

Wow that is co cool. Without my glasses it almost looked real.

What? No photo of your black and blue ankle? Glad it’s healing. Don’t overdo.