Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Twin House For Sale

๐Ÿ™‚  Thanks for all the Birthday wishes. ๐Ÿ™‚

Sunny and 62 degrees this morning when walking.
Walked 5.6. miles

When I first got to town I saw a young deer down by the pond.


Walked around both cemeteries and the ball park.
Then went down the main road back toward home and the
turned around and went back to town.

This is another abandoned house I pass every day.
It's been just sitting there for at least 5 years.


Up at the cemetery there were a variety of birds.
Killdeers
Red Winged Black Birds
Swallows
Blue Birds
and the usual Robins and Crows.
I watched a Crow chase and dive bomb a Turkey Buzzard in flight.

An old Ford truck for sale.
Guessing maybe 1928 or 9.


Saw Roger walking his dog from a distance again and saw
an older woman taking a walk up to the cemetery when I was
getting back in the Jeep to go home.

One of the twin houses now has a For Sale sign in front of it.
Click on the LINK to see pictures.
The pictures sure make it look bigger than the pictures I took!
Seems a bit pricey to me!

It was a beautiful morning for walking.

Though this looks a bit like Queen Annes Lace which blooms
later in the season I THINK it is Cow Parsnip.


☀️    ๐Ÿฅพ    ๐ŸŒธ
 
Got a slow cooker of Chili going right after breakfast.
Always nice to get supper out of the way first thing in the morning.

Did some of the usual house chores.
Another beautiful sunny day for sitting out on the porch.
Inside with the windows open it was so pleasant having
the cool breezes blow through the house.

Got a bunch of weave-it squares done for the June baby blanket.
Sewed them together and now have 30 of them all sewn.
40 more to go.

Had taco salad for supper with the chili.

That's it for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy day Tuesday to you. ๐Ÿค—
๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป‍๐Ÿฆณ happyone ❤️

Because time itself is like a spiral, 
something special happens on your birthday each year: 
The same energy that God invested in you at birth 
is present once again.
- Menachem Mendel Schneerson -

19 comments:

Rose said...

I have a feeling that those pics make the rooms look a LOT bigger than they actually are. LOL

I LOVE the looks of that old house, and would not mind having that old Ford truck! It sure is a beauty.

Vee said...

Taco salad with homemade chili sure sounds delicious. I've been on a taco salad kick for a few weeks now. I like those Zillow tours. It looks like the ideal situation for twins who marry twins. ๐Ÿ˜ That old truck is a beauty.

Hootin Anni said...

Love chili! Love taco salad!! And, WANT that truck!!!!

Pretty walk again. Now, I off to click on the link.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. I agree with you. That house seems pricey for the size and not even having a garage. You saw a lot of different birds on your walk today, and you are good at identifying exactly what they are. I sure hope you had a good birthday and that both and Ken are feeling much better.

Tom said...

...talk about living in the past, those houses don't look like a quarter of million!

ellen b. said...

That's a great old car. Chili sounds delicious. We made it up into the 70's today. That was a nice change. That does seem steep for that house but it is a nice layout.

Retired Knitter said...

Guess you and your husband feeling better. I am sure if feels good to get back out there and walk again.

Granny Marigold said...

I can imagine how wonderful your house smells as the chili gently simmers all day. By supper time you're probably more than ready to dive in.
Whether that frothy white flower is Queen Annes lace or Cow parsnip it sure is pretty.

Hill Top Post said...

I would prefer the older house over the new one. And, to park the old Ford in the driveway would make it even better. Sorry I missed your birthday yesterday. Happy belated birthday to you! Now, i am really wanting a taco salad!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Cow Parsnip? I have never heard of it. Now I must re-think a big patch outside that I thought was Queen Anne's. I will research the difference. Your supper sounds so yummy!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Wonderful car for sale. Do you know how much?

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Love the vintage car and the pretty plant. Your taco salad with chili sounds yummy. Take care, enjoy your day!

Carolyn said...

Belated Happy Birthday! Read your blog everyday and so glad you are both feeling better!

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Beautiful header...

Ahhhh one house is for sale. :-) I couldn't make the link work properly. My old computer gets all *discombobulated,* trying to load some sites. -grin-

Will ask my husband about the old truck. He is the vintage cars/trucks expert around here. ;-)

Oh I call all such white lady flowers, Queen Ann's Lace.

Gentle hugs..

Debby said...

Love that car. I want it!

Those realtor photos are always so deceptive.

Connie said...

Queen Ann's Lace or Cow Parsnip, it's beautiful :)

Lowcarb team member said...

That old car looks wonderful.

All the best Jan

Jeanette said...

Nice house although I agree, seems a bit pricy! I don't know how the real estate market is there but here there would be a bidding war and that house would probably sell for over the asking price! Crazy!

William Kendall said...

Quite a car!