Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, May 27, 2022

Tested

 55 degrees and pouring down rain when I got up this morning.
Just didn't feel like getting soaked so didn't go walking.

In the afternoon it stopped raining and I just went walking
outside around the house for a bit.
Didn't keep track so don't know how far I walked.
Not far though, just enough to get outside for a bit.
Still tire easily.



Ken has tested positive for Covid and I took another test
and I too have it which is why I still tire easily.
Ken is a bit worse off than I was but still a pretty mild case and
he is improving.

We've been watching renovation shows on YouTube
and Escape to the Country.

I also got some reading and knitting done.
Not much else going on around here.

That's it for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy Friday to you. 🤗
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

Comment Replies:
BillyB - The road from yesterday is the main one that runs north and south in our county.  Though that one is straight it is NOT typical of the most of the country roads!

23 comments:

Tom said...

...I hope that the two of you feel better soon.

Rose said...

I am sorry that you both have Covid...I do hope you recover soon.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Lovely and quiet photos.

Susie said...

Praying for you and Ken to recover soon. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Vee said...

Praying for a good, strong, speedy recovery.

Vee said...

Oh I was going to say that I often enjoy watching Escape to the Country. Lots of pretty scenery and poking around in nifty houses in the UK.

Granny Marigold said...

I hope both you and Ken feel better soon. My husband and I both tested positive for Covid in April. He was vaccinated and I was not. He was sicker than I was but really we were not as sick as I hear from others. Take care, GM

Sandi said...

Get well soon!

Mari said...

No wonder you are tired. I had it last year and it took some time to get over that.
Praying you both feel better soon.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Get all the rest you both need. Hope you feel well soon.

Nellie said...

It’s so important not to push yourself! Being able to do the walking you were doing will return as your body recovers! Wishing both you and Ken a speedy recovery! We’ve had both initial vaccines, then both boosters and still wear our masks when in public, especially indoors!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Covid is nothing to be trifled with. I hope you are both much better soon.

Billy Blue Eyes said...

Please don't tell me you were watching escape to the country in the UK we have a tendency to watch that as well, even had one shown from the next village to us once and it was a place I had been in, my old next door neighbour owned it.
Been clear hear with a little cloud

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Praying for yours and Ken's good health.

God bless.

Hootin Anni said...

That darned COVID!! Be well soon,both of you

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
I am sorry to hear you both tested positive for Covid. The numbers seem to be going up again in Maryland and Pennsylvania. I hope your recover quickly, feel better soon. Take care, have a happy Memorial Day weekend.

Retired Knitter said...

I suspect most people will catch Covid even with the vaccines and the other cautions (masks and distancing.). We have had all our shots and both boosters and still mask, but I am not so careful about distancing. We have still managed to avoid it - but it is just a matter of time.

So glad you both are taking it easy and listening to your body.

ellen b. said...

Sorry to hear Ken is ill, too. Take care of yourselves and don't overdue it. Hope you are both better soon. Glad you had more mild symptoms. I really enjoy Escape to the Country.

Melanie said...

So sorry to hear that you and Ken both have COVID. My son had it and it took awhile to regain his endurance. Have a good Memorial Day weekend.

Debi said...

Hope you and Ken are feeling back to normal very soon. Take care of yourselves and rest a lot!

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Think you had a light case, which is wonderful!!! But do let your body get all the rest it needs. It is still recovering from a nasty, nasty "Damncovid"!!!!!

Best of luck to Ken... Hope he will continue to rest and not push himself.

Gentle hugs all round...

Debby said...

oh boy - So sorry to hear this. Well just rest and take care of yourselves. Is this your first time having it?

Aritha V. said...

O that is not so nice. Covid can give you tiredness for a long time. And hair loss. And candida. So vitamins (C, D and Zinc0 are so important. My son got it twice.

I will pray for you.