Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, October 18, 2021

Eggplants

 39 degrees this morning when I started walking at 6:40.
It was clear and a bit windy.
Sunrise was at 7:31 and the sun came over the mountain at 8:00.
Walked 6 miles

Saw a few deer on my drive to town.
Walked all around town, both cemeteries, and the ball park.
Didn't see any people walking around.

The cool, crisp air sure made it feel like fall.
Perfect walking weather.

A couple pictures along my way.



Stopped to say hi to the bulls.


☀️    🎃    ☀️

Stairs Number 19
Kermit's house
Took a wider view to get the garden and pumpkins in


🍁    🍂    🍁

The temperature made its way up to 50
and it was sunny and windy all day.

Hard to get motivated to do any house cleaning but
did do a little.

Too nice to stay indoors so went outside after lunch
to hike around Happy Trails.
Ken is still working on his latest bridge and I went to see
how he was doing.  It's coming along nicely.  He's stacking rocks
on either side where the bridge will be.

David started lining a hiking trail with rocks which I hiked
along this afternoon.


Back at the house I got the eggplants and peppers out of the garden.
Enough eggplant to make a good sized eggplant parmesan.


Thanks for stopping by today.
Hope your Monday was sunny and bright. ☀️
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

13 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

Yummy!! I really like eggplant! They look perfectly formed & good sized!

Love the bulls greeting you.
Nice step photo. And the bridge work looks progressive.

Tom said...

...we have enjoyed eggplant out of the garden, but I planted too many!

ellen b. said...

Those peppers and eggplant look so good. Love those colors together. Glad you had good sunshine on your cool walk.

William Kendall said...

That first shot is beautifully framed.

Rose said...

I really love that first pic...and it is always fun to see the bulls. Also, I appreciate the wider view of the steps.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen - beautiful eggplants! The peppers are lovely too. We haven't had eggplant parmesan for many years. I love your hiking trails with rocks lining them. I would love to be able to walk out my back door and go on a hike. Glad you had a good day and I will see you again tomorrow.

Granny Marigold said...

That red tree in the first pictures is amazing. So pretty.
I'm glad you included the little side flowerbed with stairs #18. I love the ferns.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Lovely eggplants. We call them aubergines over here. Pointless really ... they never listen anyway!

God bless.

KEV. Robertson. said...

My-my -those Eggplants look fabulous- one of my favorites. Have a great week.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I would love hiking in your woods right now. You have some beautiful color and I love the crunching of the leaves. It will be 80 when we hike this afternoon but that's a cool down for us! lol Enjoy your day!

Bill said...

Eggplants are one of our favorites. Yours look great, enjoy.

Aritha V. said...

Such a nice photo, the first one.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Those bright pops of color on the trees are so beautiful .