Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, September 17, 2021

Final Pictures

A mix of sun and clouds this morning while walking.
62 degrees and no breeze at all.
Sunrise 7:01
👟Walked 6 miles👟
Found a dime
💰
Walked all over town and around the industrial park.


When I walked passed the house with the little girl from 
yesterday even though I didn't see her I waved 
thinking she may be looking out the window. 👋

 John was walking his dog.

A man at the edge of town sells vinyl records once in a while.
Today he was putting out his sign and a couple of arrows he made
pointing the way.


I asked him if he sold very many records and he said, Some.
Asked if he buys them too.
Said no, he has so many that people have given him that he's
just trying to get rid of them.
So I said I guess you don't want mine!!

Garden Shed Number 17


🌼    🌼

Put the final touches on the RockScape Island.
We are pleased with how it turned out.
A few final pictures.




Ken painted Happy Trails on an old rusted saw blade.
That was the final thing to add today.


Just a reminder picture of what the 'island' looked like before.


That's going to be it for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy day to you. 🙂
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

Comment Replies:
Deb - I can't pick just one favorite hymn because there are just too many that I like.  But yesterday the one I picked was The Old Rugged Cross.  It was my grandmother's (moms mom) favorite.

21 comments:

Kim said...

Wow, your yard looks really nice! Looks like it took a lot of time and effort. The results are worth it, I'm sure. Ken's sign is very well done. You've made a very welcoming entrance!

Love that brick shed. And I hope your little fan saw you waving at her!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen - thanks for the pictures of your "island." It looks great! I love all the finishing touches, like the flag and "Happy Trails" sign on the rusted saw blade. I also love the bird bath and potted flowers. Your home and yard are so inviting! The Old Rugged Cross - such a beautiful hymn with a beautiful message of salvation! I hope you have a good weekend and I will see you again tomorrow!

Hootin Anni said...

That hymn was sung at both my grandparents & my mother's funerals. Brings tears to my eyes, always.

Your island is a work of art. The landscape idea is perfect with the trees. Awesome.
And fancy-schmancy garden shed.

The Furry Gnome said...

Your 'island' turned out very well!

Tom said...

...that's quite a barn, the asphalt was popular years ago. I've thought that it was rocky here, you folks take the cake.

ellen b. said...

Well done on your island. Very nice job. Love the Happy Trails sign! That shed is a sturdy one for sure. Reminds me of the pig who built his house out of brick.

Granny Marigold said...

The Island bed turned out very well. I like the sign Ken painted

Vee said...

The island is very nice and tidy...looks planned, not wild. Is it also a path to the lower drive? The sign is the perfect final touch.

Hill Top Post said...

Wow! Your island is quite impressive! Wow! I love it! There's a lot of work here, but I know it was worth it. Congratulations you two on a job well done!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Is that a shed or a thick wall with a door and roof?

A dime ...

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Your Rock Island looks wonderful, I like the sign that Ken painted. You have a lovely home and property. Have a happy weekend!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi- You have done a splendid job of the Island Rockery- magical work!

Rose said...

So much here to enjoy! First, I love that little garden shed. I have enjoyed this series a lot more than I say. I would love to know the history of that old barn. And of course, I would enjoy seeing the inside of it.

But oh, Rock Island is the star of this post! I think it is about as perfect as it could come. That was the best idea!

Lisa said...

I love the Rockscape island! It all looks so nice. I have a box of 45s records my mom kept since she was young. I have thought about getting an old record player and bring them back to life.

Carolyn said...

It looks beautiful!

Bill said...

Rock Island looks fantastic and I love the sign that Ken made. Very nice!

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Sell your vinyls on the net!

Super work done, and just look at the difference!!!!!!! You can be very pleased and proud, of your work.

🍁🍂🍁

William Kendall said...

That shed is quite photogenic.

Lowcarb team member said...

You've done so well with Rock Island and I like the sign Ken's done.

All the best Jan

Ruth Hiebert said...

WOW! The island looks fantastic.

Kerri Farley said...

LOVE the island!!!