Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, August 04, 2021

Mailbox Number Three

 58 degrees
Rained, but stopped just before I started walking then just cloudy.
A nice cool breeze to make for a delightful walk.
Sunrise - 6:20
Sun has been rising a minute later each morning for a while now.
Walked 6 miles


It was my usual walk around town but ran out of miles
before I got to walk around the second cemetery.

Remember that shoe that was on a post by the pond?
Today it was gone!

A couple of dog walkers around town today as well
as Roger and Rebecca.

 πŸ“¬    ☁️    πŸ“¬  

Mail Box Number 3 is the one at the Day Care Center


πŸ“¬    πŸ“¬    πŸ“¬

Usually wash the sheets on Monday but just got around 
to it today - it was breezy and sunny so a perfect wash day.

Made the Rhubarb Cobbler today.
Only had half the rhubarb I needed so I made up the rest of it with strawberries.
Only thing bad about it is that Ken doesn't like it so much 
so it is up to me to eat it all up.
David (he doesn't care for the cobbler either) stopped by and I
gave him some cobbler to take to Liz.  She's never had it before.
I'm hoping she will like it so I don't have to eat it all on my own. 
 
Went back to knitting on the white blanket that I started before
knitting the hats.  Will TRY to finish it before starting another 
knitting project but somehow I always have a few things started.

That's all I have for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy day to you. πŸ™‚
πŸ‘©πŸ»‍🦳 happyone  ❤️

Comment Replies:
SusanQ - No, 9 isn't a lucky number, it was just the 9th glove that I found and added to a post.

11 comments:

Tom said...

...I've collected mailbox pictures for a long time, will look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Hootin Anni said...

I like raw rhubarb, but not cooked or sweetened. Ya, I'm weird.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I like strawberry-rhubarb pie, so I am sure your cobler is delicious. Wish I could come over and help you eat it. ;-)

ellen b. said...

It's hard to eat a whole pan of something that no one else helps with. Hope Liz likes it. That's a nice mailbox!

Ruth Hiebert said...

If I lived near you, I would be happy to help you with eating that Rhubarb Cobbler. I like almost anything with rhubarb.

Granny Marigold said...

Most people think rhubarb and strawberry is a delicious combination. Obviously not everyone.
I like that painted mail box. Cute.

eileeninmd said...

Sounds like you had a nice walk, it should be fun finding all the mailboxes to photograph! Take care, enjoy your day!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

That shoe was made for walking ...

God bless.

Pom Pom said...

My Bill likes rhubarb now! I am so happy that I won't eat the entire crisp! Oh, I do love rhubarb! I'm glad you had a cool walk!

Beside a babbling brook... said...

First, Re: your comment on my blog... You read the whole of "Game of Thrones"!!! Wow!!! Amazing! I couldn't even watch the series on tv.

Ahhh yes, you would notice the days being shorter!

And of course, the Day Care would have a sweet mail box!!!

My husband would help you finish off the Cobbler!!!!! -smile-

πŸŒ»πŸŒΌπŸ’›πŸŒΌπŸŒ»

William Kendall said...

I have to admit, I have never liked rhubarb.