Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, July 31, 2021

The Last Door



😃 Made myself laugh this morning. 😃
I backed out of the garage and pushed the button to close the door.
I hit the wrong button and the other door started to open.
Then hit the third button and had the third door opening.
I had all three doors going up and down.
Finally I got them all closed and off I went to 
town laughing on the way.

This morning there was a mix of sun and clouds, 
 it was 54 degrees, and no wind at all.
Peaceful and calm.

A fisherman enjoying the early peaceful morning.


Walked around both cemeteries, the ball park, and all over town.

Saw lots of people in town this morning.
Lisa running and her husband Dwayne walking a little later.
Shelia and her daughter were running.
Roger was walking Andy.
Rebecca was walking Leo.
A woman who I haven't seen before was walking
her two BIG dogs, or I should say they were walking her!!
She had no control over them so I stayed on the other side of the street.

All the little horses are back in the pasture down 
by the Drane house again.
Never did find out what happened to them.

Today I post the last of the door pictures around town.
Some of you may recognize this one.
It's the Drane house door.


Walked 6 miles

🌤    🍒   🍓   🌽

Finished another A - Z Bible lesson that I've been working on for
a while now.  Just finished Y.  Will hand it in tomorrow at church
and pick up the last one!!  That is if we go, the Covid numbers
seem to be going up again so we may watch church on line.

Did a load of laundry because the weather was so nice.
Knitted some more on the hat and hope to finish in the
next day or so.
Nice day to sit out on the porch and read.

Thanks for stopping by.
Hope you enjoyed your Saturday.
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

Comment Replies:
MsBB - I haven't ever had to use it but I have pepper spray and away from town I walk with a nice big walking stick.  There are dog leash laws here too but some people ignore it.  I think some let their dogs out on their own because it is so rural and hardly anyone ever walks past their property.

14 comments:

William Kendall said...

An amazing sky.

dot said...

I enjoyed seeing the doors. I belong to a facebook group for old doors but I can't find any good ones in my area.

Lowcarb team member said...

LOL! I am picturing the doors going up and down.
That really is an amazing sky, lovely clouds.

All the best Jan

Tom said...

...when it came to doors, you left the best for last.

Hootin Anni said...

Love the dappled cloudy sky. And that weathered door is a perfect one since it's "historical". Laughed at your garage doors!!! It's a good thing you didn't hit "your" door a 2nd time and had it come down on your Jeep...or, you!!!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Covid rates up again all over it seems. We are back to wearing masks indoors even though we are vaccinated. Stay safe.

Granny Marigold said...

I've enjoyed the different doors you've posted. Too bad there are no more.
The clouds in the top picture are so interesting. I used to know what kind they are but have forgotten the name.

Ruth Hiebert said...

The sky in the first picture today, is beautiful. It’s sad to hear that the COVID numbers are going up again.

Hill Top Post said...

The Drane House door is my favorite. I have trouble multi-tasking. While talking to my son on the phone earlier, I was also trying to open a can. Instead of pressing the stop button on the can opener, I pressed the off button on the phone. :~/ Those clouds are gorgeous.

eileeninmd said...

The early morning pond scene is pretty and I love the Drane House door.
Covid numbers are going up, it is sad. We are back to wearing our mask in public places. Take care and have a great day! I wish you a happy new week!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

You're always so busy. Good on you. Enjoy.

God bless.

Vee said...

Fun description of doors going up and down. ☺️ If it were me, I might not have been laughing, but that is definitely the way to go, Far better than being in a huff.

There are always more doors. Always.

ellen b. said...

You saved a good one for last. I've enjoyed your doors. And speaking of doors I'm always punching the wrong button. I'd be chuckling, too. Happy Sunday!

Rose said...

I am sitting here with tears in my eyes from laughing about the garage doors. The next time I do that, I will think I am not the only one. We only have two that are operated by remote, but I manage to hit the wrong one twice sometimes. I feel like I am playing musical doors...