Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Moth

Just a little fog around again this morning which didn't last long
and soon the sun was shining.
Temperature was 59 degrees.
Sunrise - 6:13

A nice walk around town, the ball park, and both cemeteries. 

I overlooked this picture from yesterdays walk around the farm loop
so posted it today.  
Soy Beans


The pond in town used to have the fountain turned on all the time.
Noticed lately that it gets turned on now at 7:00.
Here's a peek at it from another street.


Joy was out walking again and one other woman.

Still have a few more door pictures from around town.
Here's todays.


Walked 6 miles
Found a dime

🌤    🚶‍♀️    😀    💰

Got chili started in the slow cooker first thing after breakfast
and a load of wash hung out on the line.

We drove over to Grantsville to do a couple errands.
When we got back I baked some Chocolate Chippers.

Ken and I went out in the ATV for a ride around Happy Trails.
Now that it is summer everything is so overgrown.
I like summer but like the woods better in the other seasons.

One of our neighbor cows - he stayed in his own pasture today. 
He's one of the ones that come to visit us once in a while.


Ken took a picture of this unusual looking moth.
It is a Clymene Moth.



That's all for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
Hope your day was a happy one. 😀
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

21 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

That moth looks near a Knight's templar pin/amulet!!

Love the knobless door AND the cow.

Hootin Anni said...

Glad the tutorial helped you!!

Debi said...

When I first saw the moth I thought it was a piece of pottery. It's so shiny! I love that your neighbor's cows like to visit you. What a pretty fountain photo... enjoy the rest of your week!

Kim said...

Some gorgeous shots there! Wow, what a beautiful moth! The world is full of wonderful things if we will just look. Happy Wednesday!

Tom said...

...the moth looks like stealth fighter, neat!

Granny Marigold said...

The Moth is very unusual but pretty in its own way.
Do you know what those blue wildflowers are?

Vee said...

The Clymene moth looks like a medieval shield. I am enjoying your doors and windows features.

William Kendall said...

That first view speaks to me.

Hill Top Post said...

My favorite picture of the day is of the cow and the blue flowers. I also like the woods better in other seasons, but I am sure many wild critters would disagree. I agree with Tom that the moth looks like a stealth fighter.

susan q said...

are the blue flowers bachelor buttons? I see them in my area as well and mixed with Queen Anne's lace along the back roads. Pretty color combination.

Unknown said...

That picture of the cow behind the fence, with those flowers in front, is frame worthy.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

A dime ...

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Pretty scenes, the first one and the shot of the cow are favorites. The moth is pretty. Have a great day!

R's Rue said...

Your photos are always so lovely. They paint wonderful scenes.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Oh he is an interesting looking moth, isn't he?

Had just a plain ol' beige one in the house last night. Ugh... He was very flighty and would not just land near a light. I do not like them, flying around. I figure they are 'buzzzing' me! >,-(

✨✨✨

ellen b. said...

Wow, that moth is very unusual. We found a blue tailed skink in our planter yesterday. I'll need to post it on my blog...maybe on Saturday.
Hope you are having a nice Thursday.

The Furry Gnome said...

Neat moth!

Ruth Hiebert said...

That moth has such distinctive markings. I have never heard of that one, but then I am not really knowledgeable about these guys.

Lisa said...

Beautiful photos and your weather sounds nice. That moth is interesting.
Lisa

Meta/roses. said...

That moth looks like a Crusader Shield.
Love the blue flowers.

Rose said...

That is one cool moth...I have never seen one like it.