Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, June 18, 2021

Friday

 Another beautiful sunny morning for walking but this time
the temperature was a little warmer at 50 degrees.
No wind but it did get windy later in the day.

Sunrise 5:49
Sunset 8:47

Had another walk around town, cemeteries and ball park.

Only two bulls are left now. 
I still go down and say good morning to them.

The Drane house in the early morning sun.


Liked the shadows in the path from the posts.
Amazing how quickly they got smaller and smaller each time
I walked around the cemetery.


This was the closest I could get to a little swallow sitting on the fence.
Times like this I wish I had a camera to zoom in instead of my phone.


On the way to town I saw a couple of young deer - probably twins
that have lost their spots not too long ago.
Another lone deer was farther along in the field.

Spotted a 3 or 4 black snake on the side of the road. 
Stayed away from it and thought it might even be dead.
But passing by later again it was gone.
It was either enjoying the warm sun or maybe a hawk or 
something picked it up.

Joy was out walking this morning. 
Joy, what a nice name.

Walked 6 miles

☀️    🚶‍♀️    🙂

We went to the dump to get rid our our garbage.
Then drove down to Oakland to the hardware store. 
Name of the store is
Naylor's.  🙂 

Was outside this afternoon pulling more weeds out of the gravel.
Then sat on the porch and knitted - making yet another wash/dish cloth.

That's it for today.
Happy Friday to you.
Thanks for stopping by.
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️


17 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely photographs on your post.
I think The Drane house looks good in the early morning sun.

We've had a lot of rain today, which was quite welcome. The trees, plants etc all seem better for it.

All the best Jan

Tom said...

...daylilies are brightening the landscape here too!

Kim said...

Everything is so beautiful in morning light. Joy seems to like her walks as much as you do! Have a wonderful weekend!

Granny Marigold said...

I would have stayed far away from that snake too. Do you have any poisonous snakes in your area?

Martha said...

Beautiful photos as always and sounds like another perfect day. Have a wonderful weekend. :)

Deb J. in Utah said...

Yes, I stay away from snakes too! My oldest son kept snakes as pets and it got so I could pick the (little garden snakes) up so I could clean their cages, but I sure didn't enjoy it. I sometimes had to clean their cages if he was out of town on a scout camp out. Oh the stories I could tell about having up to 8 snakes in our house at a time (all in aquariums in my son's room). One day I was out hiking with my oldest son and when we went back to our car at the end of the hike, I heard a rattle and, yes, you guessed it - there was a rattlesnake a few feet from the driver's side door of the car. I said a "bad" word when I saw it and my son said he knew that when I said that word (which I almost never say) that I had encountered a rattlesnake. Yes, now I stay as far away from snakes as I can. They are God's creatures and He can take care of them. ;-) Have a good Saturday.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

A nice busy day.

God bless.

KEV. Robertson. said...

I don't like Snakes or Crocodiles- and yes, big spiders too. It has been cold windy and rainy to-day...thunder Storms the other night - we're well rugged up against the cold...Winter IS here! Enjoy your Summer Karen.

Aritha V. said...

Black snakes? O no, are they dangerous?
The bird on te fence is so nice.
Have a blessed Saturday & Sunday.

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful photos! I love the lilies. I believe the black rat snakes are common and harmless.
I have been watching one deer visiting our yard, they are so pretty. Have a great weekend!

Veronica Lee said...

That certainly looked like a beautiful sunny morning for walking!

Love the fabulous photos.

Jeanette said...

Sunny and 50 degrees is perfect walking weather! We have had cooler temps on the morning but the humidity is really high.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

The Drane House... I'm sure you have talked of it, but I don't remember. I could search for it, if I knew your location. But it's not earth shaking!!!!

Ahhhh yes, the longest time of the year!

You rise so early... Wonder what time you usually go to bed?

🌞 🌞 🌞

Hootin Anni said...

Beautiful yellow Lily!! And, snakes, how I hate snakes!! I saw one the other morning on my walk...I stopped dead in my tracks. Green!

R's Rue said...

Love the yellow lily. I love your daily dispatches. Have a beautiful and blessed day.

Bill said...

Beautiful photos, love the yellow lily too. The Drane House looks great with the morning light shining on it. The sunrise here was at 04:56 and the sunset is at 22:11. Enjoy the weekend!

William Kendall said...

A lovely flower.