Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, May 13, 2021

Lost and Found

34 degrees this morning when I started walking..
No wind and bright sunshine during all of my walk.


 

Another delightful walk around both cemeteries, the ball park,
and down one of the roads at the industrial park.

No people out walking.  I'm always surprised not to see any one else
out on such beautiful mornings.  

The birds were out and singing.
Saw, Robins, Red Winged Black birds, Killdeers, Swallows and even
the first Blue Birds I've seen this year.

Was happy to see the white Charolais and her calf near each other
so I could get a picture of both.
They are in the pasture behind the cemetery on the hill.



Before I knew it my walk had come to an end.
Walked 6 miles

☀️    🚶‍♀️    ☀️

Washed sheets and hung them up on the line outside.
By the time I hung out the second load of laundry the sheets were already dry.

I don't know what I did wrong baking the apples in the air fryer
but it was a disaster.  
Thought I followed the instructions but lots of smoke started
coming out of the fryer and the butter burnt so turned it off
before it was done.
Think I'll stick to baking apples in the oven.
Was disappointed but not for long because I still got to have ice cream!

Walked around Happy Trails a bit in the afternoon
and then I went with Ken for a ride around the trails in the ATV.
Like to go riding around the trails to keep them open.
I had my phone in my pocket and checked every once in a while
to make sure it was still there.  
One time I checked and it WASN'T there.
Went walking back to look for it and there it was sitting 
in the middle of the trail about a quarter mile away.
Must have popped right out of my pocket going over a bump.
Ken called my phone so we knew when we were getting close to it.

Finished up the last of the box of junior mints today 
that David gave me Sunday.  
I rationed them and enjoyed every last one.

A happy Thursday to you.
Thanks for stopping by.
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️
🙂

📷       📷


❤️    ❤️    ❤️




❤️ Miss you Daddy. ❤️

Aug 20, 1921 - May 13, 1999

18 comments:

Tom said...

..this is an important day for you to remember!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Glad you found your phone. I was waiting to hear about the apples, but I guess i will stick with the oven as well.

ellen b. said...

Glad you enjoyed a beautiful walk. Glad you had ice cream as a standby for dessert. Your dad died young...:(

Hootin Anni said...

My father passed away on May 11th.

Sweet, sweet calf!!
Too bad about the apples.
Beautiful day for walking (seeing the pines is awesome...we don't have them here)

Martha said...

Beautiful photos! So glad it was a nice sunny day. Sorry about the apples but ice cream works too.

William Kendall said...

And of course the cows notice you.

My mother passed away several years ago in May. The anniversary comes around and the memory always comes back.

Inger said...

I've never seen a white cow and calf before. Your dad looked so nice, handsome. It's sad we have to lose our parents, life is never quite the same again.

Deb J. in Utah said...

So glad you found your phone and enjoyed the junior mints. What a nice tribute to your daddy at the end. I know you will see him again one day. Have a good Friday.

Rose said...

I have been wondering if there are things that cannot be cooked in some of the air dryers.I am glad you are telling its negatives along with the positives. Love the long shadow shot.

Unknown said...

Happy birthday to your father in heaven.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

The calf is adorable, I always love seeing the cows. Sorry, the apples did not work out.
Great photo of your Dad! Take care, have a happy weekend!

Vee said...

That's such a nice picture of your father. I will honor my father's passing this month as well.

Glad that you easily found your phone.

Oh no about the baked apples. What a disappointment. Glad the ice cream was still an option.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen,
My Chris does Baked Apples in the oven- with cinnamim, sultanas and brown sugar... delicious with wipped cream. Regards. KEV.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Praying for you.

God bless.

Bill said...

It's too bad that the baked apples didn't work out. Ice cream will work though. Glad you found your phone, my wife carries her phone in a pouch that she made. Have a nice day.

Aging With Faith And Hope said...

I'm sorry the baked apples didn't work. Such a sweet
photo of your dad! I admire your willpower with the mints.

CousinCathy said...

Karen, I remember your Daddy. He was my Uncle Bob G. Have some fond memories of him when we lived downstairs from our Gramma Green. Yes, the lady that taught you how to make weave its. Cousin Cathy

Jeanette said...

I love the cow pictures with the sun in the background!