Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, April 20, 2021

A tiny nest

A beautiful morning for walking starting with the sunrise.

It was 45 degrees, sunny, with a slight breeze.
For me, it is the ideal walking weather!!!

Walked around both cemeteries, the ball park and town.
Rebecca was out walking Leo and I saw two other women
walking who I don't know.  They were just starting out as I was leaving.

Went down to see the bulls as usual and all were happily eating.
The field behind the cemetery at the top of the hill some years
has corn or soy beans growing in it.
Today though Farmer Marvin put cattle there.
They were spread out all over and there were lots of little ones around.


These few stayed close to the fence under the tree.


Stayed there for a little while just watching them.

Look at this tiny little nest I found on the ground in the cemetery.
It was perfectly made.

I picked it up and put it in a tree.


It was great to be out walking and I 
walked 6.4 miles.

☀️    🌸    🙂

Today I put chicken in the slow cooker and poured some
Zesty Italian Dressing over it and then let it cook all day.
Delicious and sure is easy.

Tuesday, so off we went to the Shop and Save.

Did a little bit of housework and then went outside for a while
and walked around Happy Trails.
 Also picked up some deadfall and added it to the fence.
It stayed in the 50's and was sunny all day.

Also spent a little time knitting and reading.

That's all for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy day to you.
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️
🙂


Comment Replies:
RK -  🧩 Yes, I'll take a picture of the latest puzzle with both pictures so you can try to find the missing pieces. 🙂 🧩 

Betsy - Yes, we've been to Blackwater Falls in WV.  A post about it here.
Our son David and Liz are living in that little cabin that we built which is just a quarter mile away from the house. 🙂

19 comments:

Tom said...

...that sunrise is a BIG WOW!

ellen b. said...

Beautiful sunrise! How nice that you had some lovely weather. It's been a while since I've cooked chicken in zesty Italian dressing. I like the combination. Have a nice evening!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. I love your sunrise picture. Can you give a few more details on the chicken with Zesty Italian Decision? Do you use the liquid salad dressing or just the seasoning packets. Thanks, Karen. Have a good evening.

Martha said...

What a beautiful sunrise and it warmed up! I love seeing all the babies, thanks for sharing them with us. It looks and sounds like it was a pretty perfect day. :)

Rose said...

I love looking out and seeing a field with cattle scattered about. There is just something about it that makes all seem right with the world.

William Kendall said...

Glorious skies!

Ruth Hiebert said...

The sunrise shot is so beautiful. I am often amazed when I look at how perfectly those little nests are made and all just by using the beak and maybe shaping some with the body.

Granny Marigold said...

That nest sure is tiny. I wonder what little bird made it. It doesn't look like the Chickadee nests that I've seen. Maybe a Hummingbird nest???

Hill Top Post said...

What a beautiful sunrise picture! I really think you should have been a cowgirl!

Unknown said...

It looks like some of those cows were watching you right back. LOL

Victor S E Moubarak said...

What a beautiful sky.

God bless.

Hootin Anni said...

Oh my, oh my! That morning sky is picture post card perfect. Brilliant colors. Love the cattle in the field.

Oh and your chicken dinner? What did you serve with it. I'm gonna do just what you describe...I'm thinking buttered brown rice & maybe some stir-fry veggies.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Pretty sunrise and I love the view of the cattle.
The little nest is cute. The chicken dinner sounds yummy.
Take care, have a happy day!

KEV. Robertson. said...

That is a nice photo of the Calves under the tree in the paddock. Have a great time there- looks like the snow has finished. Regards. KEV.

Happy@Home said...

Beautiful sunrise! How fun to find that sweet little nest. Hope another bird finds it in the tree. I have been watching a Carolina Wren building a nest in the flower pot right outside my door.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

What a lovely sunrise. Added to, by the con trails of military jets, practicing, to take care of us, if need be. I always love them,

That nest is perfect!!!!!!

Ahhhh, yet another crock pot idea! I love to hear new-to-me ones.

Thawing some thighs, for tomorrow's dinner. Planning on crock pot. Instead of the usual combo of things, for the sauce, I just might try just Vadalia Onion Dressing we have. -smile-

Wanted to tell you.... This morning I consciously thought of your daily plan... To "work" on being happy all day. -smile- I was reading a book, on living a more 'being good to ourselves' life. And your plan, certainly goes along with this. So, I am trying it. -smile-

🌷🌷🌷

Jeanette said...

What a cute little nest and all those baby cows! Looks like you had a perfect walk today!

Bill said...

Awesome sunrise to begin your day!

Lowcarb team member said...

That sunrise is glorious, great photograph.

All the best Jan