Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, March 02, 2021

Dentist

Sky pictures from this mornings walk from the lower cemetery.


A chilly morning with a temperature of 16 degrees, but I was dressed
in layers and was just fine.  
Just a slight breeze and once the sun rose I got to walk in the sun.

It's great to be able to walk wherever I want to now and not have to
worry about ice.
Walked all over town and around both cemeteries and the ball park loop.

This morning just a couple of bulls ventured out of the barn,
the rest must have wanted to stay warm inside.
Lots of ice there and it will soon be a gigantic mud pit.

Didn't see any people about walking but did see a deer run
across the lower cemetery not far from me.

Walked 6 miles

☀️    🚶‍♀️    ☀️

Ken and I had dental appointments for our 6 month cleaning
at 10:00 this morning.
Didn't go quite as good as we would have liked. 🙁
I have a filling that is cracked that has to be replaced and Ken has a filling that needs to be replaced too. Made appointments for as soon as possible and that ended up being this Thursday afternoon. 

After lunch we went to the Shop and Save for our weekly grocery shopping.
More people there in the afternoon than we usually see in the morning but still not a lot of people.

Continued knitting this afternoon making another sachet.
Learned how to make a new stitch with this latest one.

Thanks for stopping by.
Even going to the dentist, it was still a good day!
A happy day to you.
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone 🙂

This gave me a chuckle. 😄

My dental hygienist is cute.
Every time I visit, I eat a whole package of Oreo cookies while waiting in the lobby. Sometimes she has to cancel the rest of the afternoons appointments.
- Steven Wright -

Comment Replies:
Beside - Yes, lucky to have a waterfall but lucky too that Ken could make one. 

18 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

Amazing sky photographs.

All the best Jan

PS Good luck with your dental appointments this Thursday.

Tom said...

...beautiful skies to get your day going. Neat barn, but what a muddy barnyard.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I need to go to the dentist too. I cancelled my last checkup appointment to wait until I had both of my Covid vaccines. Now I have both doses and I am trying to reschedule, but can't seem to call at a time when the dentist office is opened. I love those beautiful pictures of your skies. Glad you are back to walking around town. See you again tomorrow!

Rose said...

That sure is a nice barn. I always wonder just how much cattle and animals in general notice the discomforts, or what we consider discomforts.

That sky was a great start to the day!

Hill Top Post said...

I love those blue skies! When you go walking in the cold, cold air, do you wear a face mask? The day I went walking when it was only 12 degrees made my chest and throat hurt.

William Kendall said...

Beautiful skies!

ellen b. said...

How nice to be walking your regular paths. Brrr... That was convenient to have your dental visits at the same time. Glad you had a good day...despite. :)

Unknown said...

We cancelled our cleaning appointments six months ago and will probably cancel again. Still not comfortable going to the dentist with Covid. Maybe in six more months. We haven't gotten our vaccines yet, so better to play it safe.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Beautiful photos. Thanx.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
It has been very cold and windy here, not my kind of outside walking weather.
That is a muddy barn yard. Take care, enjoy your day!

Hootin Anni said...

I say"ditto" to William's comment!

Vee said...

It's a blessing to have a dentist with open hours. Glad that you got an appt so soon to get the repairs done.

I am surprised how quickly the snow and ice are going in your corner. It's warming up here over the next couple of weeks. My driveway is a skating rink.

Pom Pom said...

That's funny about the Oreos! I do not like the dentist's office, even if the dentist is very sweet. At least you'll get it over with!

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Ahhhh, he made the water fall!!!!!!!!!!!!! He can do anything!!!!!

Best of luck with the dentist appointments.

🍀 🍀 🍀 🍀 🍀 🍀

Beside a babbling brook... said...

And bet those bulls will be nearly knee-deep in mud, soon!!!

🍀 🍀 🍀 🍀 🍀 🍀

Jeanette said...

Beautiful sky photos! It is nice to be able to walk around and not have to worry about ice!

Bill said...

Beautiful sky shots, it's so pretty early in the morning.

Debi said...

It looks like spring has arrived in your neck of the woods! Lucky you... we had a few hours of snowfall this morning (about three more inches). I know spring will come eventually... I'm just impatient!