Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, February 06, 2021

The End

of my blogging break. 😃 

When I started my blog break I was going to start blogging again once I was able to walk in town again. The weather has not cooperated and I'm still mostly walking down in the basement with little walks outside around the house. It has been snowing almost every day.  Once in a while it clears up a bit and we see some sunshine but it's been one snowy winter so far.  Since we've lived here I've never gone so many days without being able to walk in town. So anyway, thought I'd started blogging again because who knows how long I'll be walking inside.

Snow on our deck


This pile of snow on our driveway should be around quite a while.
That's just the snow from the apron in front of the garage.


So today continues with walking my 6 miles in the basement.

Made a trip out to the dump to get rid of this weeks trash
and stopped at the Shop and Save on the way home.
Was going to stop at the Dollar General then too but we forgot
the coupon so didn't and went out again after lunch to go there.

We've been working on a pretty difficult jigsaw puzzle but should
be finished with it in a day or so.
It's of a huge pile of cars on top of each other that have been
through a crusher and is 1000 pieces.

Continuing to read the Game of Throne series and still enjoying
book number 3.

Knitted a couple of wash/dish clothes and finished another
baby blanket of weave-it squares. 

Life continues here at Happy Trails and all is well and good.

I've missed blogging and glad to be back.
Enjoy this day.

Thanks for stopping by.
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️


22 comments:

GJoe said...

Glad to see you are blogging again. I miss your photography and comments on the way to town. Don't let the snow get you down.

Tom said...

...you got dumped on! We received some nice snows this week too!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen - so glad you are back. Wow - you really have a lot of snow. Sounds like you have been busy and productive during your break. I have missed you and wondered if you had gone on a trip, but thought that would be hard with all the snow storms. Hope you have a good weekend and I will see you again soon.

Nellie said...

Lots of snow for you! Here, we are teased with the prediction of a few white flakes; generally, no more than an overnight ground cover that disappears by the end of the day. Stay warm and cozy!

William Kendall said...

It looks like you get a similar amount of snow to what we get.

Granny Marigold said...

Nice to see you're back. You certainly are having a very snowy winter. I've read that an inch of rain would be 10" of snow if it came down as such. In that case I think we'd be buried by now because we're having such a wet year so far!!

The Furry Gnome said...

Glad you're back. Snowy winter here too.

Ruth Hiebert said...

All that snow looks really good. We are having cold, but so far not much snow.

anonymous said...

This cold and snowy weather has me thanking God for a warm home. - Mary

ellen b. said...

Welcome back. Well that is definitely a pile of snow and the mountain will be the last thing standing for sure after everything else melts. All of our snow is gone. Don't know when it is suppose to snow again. It's raining right now. We are working on a very hard puzzle right now, too. It's of owls on a tree trunk with moss and bark and ferns. Glad all is well amidst the snow!!

Michelle said...

Glad to hear from you. That is a lot of snow. We usually get around an inch, if any. I thought of you today when I went for a long walk around our farm.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Despite the Snow you seem to be very busy. Cool day here- no rain. Cheers. KEV.

Hootin Anni said...

It's good having you return! That's a LOT of snow.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I am glad you are posting again, it is nice to see your place and your winter wonderland.
It is snowing here today, a few inches already on the ground. Take care, stay warm!
Have a great new week!

Jeanette said...

Glad to see you back! A lot of areas are seeing more then the usual snow right now. Not us, thankfully, although it has snowed a few inches a day for a few days. We've had way less snow this year so far! Means we'll probably get slammed in March!!

Ruta M. said...

Glad to see you back. I did wonder if you'd gone away for a while. The snow looks lovely as long as you have plenty of heating and can get supplies safely. Somebody here posted a photo of the last time there was snow on the beach, 30 years ago! Are you not tempted to make a snow sculpture with that big pile of snow? Or a giant fat snowman?

Bill said...

Hope you had a good and relaxing break. Now you can begin shoveling some of the snow. :)

Rose said...

It is good to see you are back...that sure is a lot of snow. It may be spring before it is melted enough for you to walk. (Just kidding, though it is a lot of snow.) We keep having just basically a dusting. Just enough to make things white.

The puzzle sounds like a hard one. You have kept yourself busy.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

When I don't seem to be able to muster up, much of anything to write about, I say I am taking a break. And pop!!!! My muse comes back! -smile-

Melanie said...

So glad to see you back! My goodness, the snow! I remember one winter in upstate NY when I was a child that I actually made a tunnel down a walkway in our yard. I hope things change soon so that you can start walking outside again. I know you love that!

o2bhiking said...

Welcome back. You have some serious snow! I could not walk like that in the basement. Of course, I don't have a basement, so....

Lowcarb team member said...

Welcome back.
Goodness! That is a lot of snow.

All the best Jan