Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Outside in the snow

 Woke up to more snow and wind and 29 degrees.
Walked 2 miles in the basement this morning when I first got up.
Never made it down there again today.
Ended up spending most of the day outside.

Before breakfast I had the driveway shoveled except for the very
bottom where the snow plow went by.
Then it started snowing again.
Just couldn't keep up with the snow on the driveway so
went inside and had breakfast. (a late one at 9:30)
Before I went inside walked around back and took 
a couple of pictures.



Right after lunch I went back outside again when it had
stopped snowing and once again shoveled the driveway,
this time even getting where the snow plow went by.

Did some more shoveling around the house.
Then it was time to have a little fun in the snow.

Tried to make a snowman but it wasn't the right kind of snow.
Too fluffy, you need wet snow to make a good one.
Walked around in the snow, ate a little snow 🙂
drew pictures in the snow and then threw snowballs at a tree.
I felt like I was 10 years old again playing in the snow.

Didn't know it at the time but Ken took this picture of me
throwing snowballs at the tree.  My aim was not that great
but I did hit it 5 times as you can see the tree with 5 
splats of snow on it. 


Asked Ken if he wanted to come out and play with me but
he declined. Stayed out a little while longer and finally 
went back inside.
Ken made me a cup of tea and I had two pfeffernusse 
cookies with it.

Got some reading done and sewing this afternoon too.
It was a fun day in the snow.
☃️ So glad I live where it snows. 🌨


That's it for today.
A happy day to you.
Thanks for stopping by.
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

When it snow, you have two choices:
Shovel or make snow angels.
- unknown -

OR why not do both! 😃

17 comments:

Tom said...

...most of our beautiful snow has melted, it will be gone tomorrow. Enjoy it while your can.

Hootin Anni said...

Stopping by the woods at night (Robert Frost)...that snowy woods image is beautiful.

And you made up for not walking by doing all the strenuous work outdoors!

Vee said...

I'm glad Ken took that picture. Our snow is melting away just when we want it to stay. Christmas day will be warm with rain and fog.

ellen b. said...

Sounds like a real fun day in the snow. We haven't built a snowman here yet. When it snows again I'll have to get out and try my hand at it. It was fun to see the photo Ken took of you!

Rose said...

I can only imagine how beautiful that is to be out in. I love the pics you took.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Sounds like a fun day. The picture with the snow covered trees is just stunning.

Hill Top Post said...

Surely would be a wasted snowday if one didn’t get out and play! I especially like your first two pictures!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Fresh snow is so beautiful. Thank you, Happyone.

God bless.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Lovely Snow Scenes there in the Woods Karen- stay warm. Merry Christmas too. Regards. KEV.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Your snowy scenes look beautiful, love the forest covered with snow.
we still have snow from last week's snow event. It is not melting.
Take care, enjoy your day! Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Jeanette said...

It is fun to play in snow sometimes!

Bill said...

It's fun to play in the snow. Have a wonderful day.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Sounds like such a fun snow day! Lovely pictures. I love your approach to life!

Lea said...

Most of our snow here slowly melting. But my husband and the children surely had fun tobogganing on that day.

William Kendall said...

The snow is a welcome sight.

The Furry Gnome said...

Yes, you have snow, lots of snow!

Retired Knitter said...

I love the snow as well. We haven't had a really good snow in our area in a few years.