Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, November 30, 2020

Rainy Walk

 38 degrees this morning when I started walking.
It was windy with a cold rain.
Had to stop on the way to town to let 6 deer cross the road.
They were not in a hurry and just sauntered along.

No walking pictures today. 
My phone was in an inside pocket of my rain slicker and
never took it out of my pocket.

Remember that elaborate tombstone from the other day?
That same day I took this picture too.
This is the most simple tombstone in the cemetery and 
probably the first.  The Drane house is where he lived.
James Drane 
1820

A newer tombstone was put up but the words have eroded from that
one as well.  His wife Priscilla is buried here too.


Rained the whole of my walk and the umbrella was useless
because of the wind.

Not surprisingly didn't see anyone else out and the only person
I saw out of a vehicle was a man walking from his car to the
garage in town where he works.

Had a random walk all over town.
When I started out thought I'd just walk 4 or 5 miles
because of the weather but by the time I got back to the
Jeep and looked at my pedometer saw that I had
walked 6.3 miles.

๐ŸŒง    ๐Ÿ™‚    ๐ŸŒง

Monday again and time to start the housework for the week.
Got a good start on this rainy day.

A good day to do some more work on the puzzle.
Made some weave-it squares and almost have enough for
another baby blanket.

That's all for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy Monday to you.

๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป‍๐Ÿฆณ happyone ❤️

Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world.
For, indeed, that's all who ever have.
- Margaret Mead -

21 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Good for you for walking in the rain. I am having my treadmill moved from our old house to the garage so I can walk this winter. We don't have sidewalks here in the complex and I don't dare get too far from John so that should work out great.
I LOVE old cemeteries and the stories they tell. xo Diana

Inger said...

I like the history of the Drane house and the grave. You have so many deer where you live. Here it is a real treat to see one.

Tom said...

...a cold rainy day here too! Stay warm.

Ruth Hiebert said...

i know I've said it before, but I admire your commitment to walking, even in the rain.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I like that quote and always read old tombstones. We expected rain today but it didn't make it. I know you are enjoying your wreath from Tom...isn't it beautiful with such a good scent! Enjoy your evening!

Vee said...

Did it fly? I think so...๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿป‍♀️

Deb J. in Utah said...

Rainy days are nice. We need some rain out here. Snow too, or we will have a water shortage next summer. Enjoy the rest of the week.

Debi said...

Last summer we planned for our grandsons to go with us to an old cemetary up the road from us and we were going to clean the gravestones. But COVID got in the way... hopefully next summer we can do it. We had rain here today and I, too, got a good start on the weekly housekeeping.

ellen b. said...

We had a light dusting of snow today instead of rain. Sounds like a great day to work on a puzzle! Happy last day of November to you!

Granny Marigold said...

It was very windy when I walked this morning. Many other walkers were shivering and saying how cold the wind was. Luckily I had dressed warmly and found the wind exhilarating. I'm thankful we didn't have any power outages.

Lisa said...

You are such a dedicated walker to fight the wind and the rain. My husband will walk 5 miles in circles around the inside of the house on rainy days. Drives me nuts! Haha.
Lisa

Connie said...

Sweet post!
God bless you,
Connie :)

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Best wishes, Happyone.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I like walking around the cemeteries, the Drane family has a long history in the area. We had rain all day too, but it was a warm rain near 60°. Take care, enjoy your day!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- Yes, it is getting nearer and nearer to Christmas. I've the inside of the Kitchen Window to paint- this is my gift for Chris as we don't want any presents this year. Our Christmas Tree isn't up yet- First day of Summer and it has been hot (100 Deg F)...all the very best to you and Ken. Cheers. KEV.

Susie said...

Oh sweetie, I have to warm up myself after that chilly walk about. Isn't it amazing no matter the weather, there's always housework to be done. All I want for Christmas is a maid. LOL. Stay safe. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Hootin Anni said...

You couldn't have chosen better photos to share. I like reading tombstones & wonder what their lives were like. This one was 1820...two hundred years ago...can you imagine?

Rose said...

I started to comment last night and apparently I didn't get it done. I really like just that plain, simple headstone. Just imagine what the area was like in 1820! What a lot of changes since then.

Bill said...

You don't see many people here with umbrellas, they don't last long with the wind. People tend to wear something that has a hood on it. :)
Have a great day!

William Kendall said...

Cemeteries seem very peaceful.

I have an umbrella, but never use it.

Lowcarb team member said...

Although a rainy day it sounds quite a good Monday and start to the week ...

All the best Jan