Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, November 27, 2020

Friday

 A cloudy morning walk but no wind and 42 degrees.
Quiet around town this morning,
the bakery, the childcare, and the lumber yard were all closed.
Walked all over town,
around the cemeteries, the ball park and over to the
Dollar General where I turned around and walked back to the Jeep.


Saw the man walking his little dog around the ball park again.

A new tombstone was put up in the cemetery at the top of the hill.
Pretty elaborate don't you think.
Have never seen one so detailed before, even the pets are mentioned.
Just an observation but there is no mention of God.


Saw this one heart hanging on a branch and it made me think of you Anni,
so took the picture for you.


Walked 6 miles

☁️    🙂    ☁️

Just been hanging around the house this day after Thanksgiving
and eating too many leftovers.

Worked on the puzzle, read, and
watched Ken play his Snow Runner game.

Don't usually put any Christmas decorations up till December
but today I got the mantel decorated.
I put up a white sheet to make it look like snow and then
added my 5 piece little village with some pine trees that I made
a while ago. (made the trees not the village)
Then put up a string of red Christmas lights.
Thought it all turned out pretty nice.

That's been my day.
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy day to you.
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life.
It turns what we have into enough, and more.
It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity.
It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home,
a stranger into a friend.
- Melody Beattie -

10 comments:

Tom said...

...I've some some stones like this one, but perhaps not as elaborate. It's my understanding that they are egrave by a laser.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I have seen some very elaborate headstones, but can’t remember seeing pets mentioned. It is sad to see no mention of God.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen - yes, that is a very elaborate headstone, but it is missing the most important thing - God and Heaven. I would love to see a picture of the your mantle decorated for Christmas. Glad you had a good day after Thanksgiving. We are eating lots of leftovers here too. See you again soon.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Sounds like a nice day, we did much the same here. Lots of leftovers.
The head stone is elaborate, I assume he was a race car driver.
Take care, enjoy your day!

Rose said...

I agree...very detailed headstone. I love that you caught a chicken in the one shot:)

Bill said...

Did the chicken cross the road? :)

Sandi said...

Interesting about the tombstone. On the way to meet Him, but no mention of Him.

Lowcarb team member said...

That is a very detailed headstone.

All the best Jan

Retired Knitter said...

Wow, that was some Tombstone. I will be very late getting my decorations up this year. We are replacing our windows and I don't want anything in the way for the workmen. Early December they tell me.

ellen b. said...

We've had a houseful and I've been off the grid for a few days now. We did spend some time with a puzzle with my sister and daughter and I'll be working on finishing it this week. That is a unique detailed tombstone yet sad...