Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, October 03, 2020

Coloring

 A foggy, frosty, and 39 degree morning for walking today.
Parked the Jeep in the pond parking lot again and had a random walk
all over the place in town like yesterday.
Also went and walked around the industrial park.

The morning moon.


 The sun coming up through the fog.

Frosty Golden Rod and my favorite picture today.

Saw a couple of deer running around town and a few rabbits hopping about.

Walking past the bakery the owner was out front putting out the
OPEN sign and there were some awfully good smells coming from inside.

A nice crisp fresh air fall walk - Life is Good. 🍁 πŸ™‚

Walked 6 miles

🌀     πŸ™‚    ☀️

We made a quick trip to the Dollar General to get a few things
and I spotted coloring books and bought a couple.
Looking through them when I got home I knew I just had
to color this one first.

 

Also finished reading another book, Bedford Square by Anne Perry.
It is book number 19 in the Charlotte and Pitt series.
She is one of my favorite authors and this series are mysteries
set in England in Victorian times.

So you can see I had a relaxing afternoon
πŸ– coloring and reading. πŸ“•

Thanks for stopping by.
A happy Saturday to you.
happyone ❤️

Your attitude is like a box of crayons that color your world.
Constantly color your picture gray,
and your picture will always be bleak.
Try adding some bright colors to the picture
by including humor, and your picture begins to lighten up.

-Allen Klein

23 comments:

Rose said...

I always listened to Anne Perry books...they were great to work by. Love your morning shots. I cannot pick a favorite.

Tom said...

...no frost here yet. I could never stay inside the lines!!!

Sandi said...

fantastic colors!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Oh! WOW! That frosty Goldenrod is stunning.

Vee said...

No frost here yet, but I'm taking your post as a cautionary tale. Plants coming in tonight! That frosty goldenrod makes a uniquely lovely picture.

Days like yours sound wonderful and you've certainly earned it. You really did a great job coloring! πŸ–

Granny Marigold said...

Beautiful photos again!!
I have a couple of colouring books but I have to admit I've hardly coloured in them at all.

Hootin Anni said...

The adult coloring books when highly popular a few years ago, I bought. But, haven't colored in them for a long time. The frosty blossom is pretty...but, I like the moon best.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Wonderful photos Happyone. Especially the yellow flowers.

God bless always.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Love the moon, sunrise and the frosty goldenrod images. we have had a few frosty mornings. Your coloring page life is good is pretty.
Take care, enjoy your day! Have a happy new week!

KEV. Robertson. said...

The Sun coming up through the Fog- now that is a nice photo- as is the one of the Moon over the Autumn Trees.

Kerri Farley said...

Love that frosty Goldenrod!
I LOVE to color :) It is such a good stress reliever!

NanaDiana said...

What a fun way to spend time- coloring and reading. I love reading about your daily walks and life! xo Diana

Inger said...

This is a lesson in all the good quality life you can have and all the fun things you can do when you don't have a TV. I didn't have one for years, I'm thinking maybe I shouldn't now. Coloring is so much fun, I will start a new picture today.

Happy@Home said...

Beautiful photos of the sun rising through the fog and the frosty golden rod. Great job on your coloring and, yes, that page was meant for you. Sounds like a very relaxing day.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What gorgeous scenes you see on your walks! And I love these coloring books. I like to use colored pencils some. Enjoy your Sunday.

Pom Pom said...

I bet it's fun seeing deer and other wildlife!
I like your coloring, Karen!

Bill said...

Beautiful photos from your walk. It's getting a little frosty now but it's great walking weather. Enjoy your day.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love this post - coloring and reading after a nice walk. That is the perfect day.

Lowcarb team member said...

What fabulous photographs and a wonderful colouring.

All the best Jan

The Furry Gnome said...

You've had some real frost!

Michelle said...

Your frosty goldenrod is just the perfect photo. Love it!

Debi said...

Your morning walks must be getting much colder! I loved your photos and the picture that you colored... it's perfect for you! Have a good week!

R's Rue said...

😍