Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, August 22, 2020

 When I left this morning on my walk it was 62 degrees, cloudy and no breeze.  Walked to town and today walked around both of the cemeteries and didn't walk through town.

Looks like something is getting built in front of the barn, maybe a second barn? Might be hard to see in the picture. Will have to watch and see what develops. 

The house that recently had the back porch added that I see when I walk around the lower cemetery is having something else done in the back yard, but don't know what yet.  There was a digger and piles of dirt and crushed stone.  Something else to watch and see what develops.  Keeps my walk interesting.

Walked 5.8 miles

☁️     ๐Ÿ™‚     ☁️

After our breakfast of French toast Ken went to the cabin to clear out some of the over growth of weeds and little trees around it.  Our next project is to build a little out house up by the cabin. 

I would have liked to go along with him but really had to stay home and get some house stuff done.  Haven't done much cleaning all week.

Ken was back home lunch time.  We packed a lunch and went to MacDonald's parking lot to eat while we watched the comings and goings.  Place was really hopping.  Still only drive through and take out open.  Also stopped at the library to pick up the DVD (Newhart) that was ready for us.  

I spent most of the afternoon reading.  Finished one book and started another.  

๐Ÿ“–     ๐Ÿ“–     ๐Ÿ“–

August Bible Verse Challenge

Day 22 - Branch

Jeremiah 23:5 KJV

Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will raise unto David a righteous BRANCH, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgement and justice in the earth.

๐Ÿ“–     ๐Ÿ“–     ๐Ÿ“–

Thanks to all who stopped by.
A happy day to you.
happyone ❤️

Comment Replies:

Debi - Yes, all the rocks we use in the crusher are from Happy Trails and it takes a LOT of rocks!

Victor - No plans for an outside RR, only have one inside! ๐Ÿ˜€

Vee - No ear protection - it is really not all the loud, but I do wear eye protection!

Unknown - Thanks for the kind words and welcome back. ๐Ÿ™‚

10 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

first I enjoy your answering questions from previous posts. But, now, I'm curious, the RR inside? (Victor) can you expand on that sometime?

Beautiful morning images. And, the downy seed. Have a terrific evening/Sunday.

Rose said...

If the pic is expanded, can see that something is being built. Curious minds will sure be watching with you to see what it becomes. We used to watch Newhart...remember the Thanksgiving Larry, Daryl, and Daryl were there?

Tom said...

...I wonder if that's a knapweed that has gone to seed.

Deb J. in Utah said...

How far is your cabin from your home? I love how you pack your lunch and go eat in the McDonald's parking lot. I used to love Newhart. I would like to see some of those reruns again.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Bob Newhart - love his comedy.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Beautiful view of the barn and sky! The french toast sounds yummy!
Take care, enjoy your day! Wishing you a great new week!

Bill said...

Bob Newhart used to be one of my favorite shows to watch. He's funny!

Brenda said...

Love the gravel crushing...the projects...amazing...fun to sit and watch...I live in the city...been here over two years...I don't sit and watch people...but when I see how they are driving, now that I have ventured out a couple of times in my day 160 plus of isolating, whew...they need driving lessons. lol Enjoy your blog so much...thank you.

ellen b. said...

It is fun to watch and see what's going around us! That sure brings back memories...Newhart. Hope you have a relaxing Sunday. It took me a while to come and comment because my sister and her husband arrived last evening and we've been catching up. Love the verse you chose for branch/branches! Thank you.

Lowcarb team member said...

Just love the view of the barn and sky :)

All the best Jan