Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, August 04, 2020

Headless man

62 degrees, cloudy and looking like rain when I left this
morning on my walk to town.
Didn't bother with taking an umbrella,
wasn't concerned about getting wet, it would keep me cool.

Seemed to be more traffic on the main road to town
than usual. 


Walked the loop around the lower cemetery.
While there I saw a doe with two very little fawns.
They couldn't be more than a couple of weeks old.
All ran into the corn field when they noticed me.

Felt a few rain drops and thought okay here it comes, but
the rain only lasted about 30 seconds and that was the last of the rain.
I was right on the edge of the rain because when I got home
Ken told me it had rained there.

Continued walking all around town and then it was back home again.

Lena was out walking and we stopped for a chat.

This tree caught my eye with the 'headless tree man' standing there.
He even has a tail.


Walked 5.7 miles

☁️     🙂     ☁️

Tuesday is shopping day at the Shop and Save for us and since we didn't
go last week the cart was a full one today.
Went right after breakfast to get it over with.

It has been one of those days when the weather can't make
up its mind.  Rain, clouds, sun and rain again.

A bit more cleaning got done,
read, and made some weave-it squares.

Made a new recipe for supper,
Impossible Vegetable Pie.
We both liked it and will make it again.

📖      📖     📖


Day 4 - Love
Mark 12:30-31 KJV

Also thou shalt LOVE the Lord thy God with all thy heart,
and with all thy soul,
and with all thy mind,
and with all thy strength:
this is the first commandment.

And the second is like, namely this,
thou shalt LOVE thy neighbour as thyself.
There is non other commandment greater than these.

📖     📖     📖

Thanks for stopping by.
A happy day to you.
happyone  ❤️

18 comments:

Rose said...

We didn't have rain, but had an actual cool breeze, almost chilly when I took a break in the shade. Great verse.....

Sandi said...

Also thou shalt LOVE the Lord thy God with all thy heart,
and with all thy soul,
and with all thy mind,
and with all thy strength:

💙

Deb J. in Utah said...

The recipe looks good. I will have to give that one a try. You always share good recipes! Glad you didn't get too much rain. I love your Bible verse memory challenge. Have a good one and see you tomorrow!

Phoebes World said...

Would love a bit of rain right now..but it is a bit cooler today. And what a great walk! The tree was a bit strange though
Love the recipe..and have saved it to try later
And Amen to the scripture... I know which one I would choose for tomorrow.. I wonder if they will be the same...
Phoebe x

Vee said...

Isaias has been blowing a gale here for a few hours. My son just called to see if I was stuck in the recliner. He assumed that since his side of town has no power the power might be out here as well. It isn't, but I did have sense enough to vacate the electric recliner when the storm started. I figure that you didn't get many effects of the storm.

I like your raised beds. They are a very good size.

Tom said...

....you want have wanted your umbrella here today, it poured, but that was fine. Your right, weather can be fickle.

Granny Marigold said...

Looking over the recipe I think it's very much like my Crustless Quiche which also uses Bisquik. I like all the "Impossible" recipes. They always turn out.
Yes, I did see the headless man. What a unique thing to see in a tree.

ellen b. said...

It's always a treat to see fawns. I love it when they prance. Wonderful verses you shared!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

If only people obeyed the Commandments.

God bless.

Hootin Anni said...

I'm lost with the headless man
I think I'm not focusing correctly...I see a platypus. Lol

I don't want the heavy rain & wind from tropical storms, but a gentle rain would be nice. And, seeing mama & fawn would be wondrous while walking on a quiet morning.

Hootin Anni said...

NOW I see him! Bud found it right away & pointed it out.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Seeing the fawns is always a treat. I found the headless man in the tree. I am glad Isaias dropped off some rain for us, not too bad.

Enjoy your day, have great week ahead.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- It has been cold here (-1 Overnight) and breezy through the day with a top temperature of 15 Deg C. Did some shopping at the Maul and wore a face mask for the first time- found that my glasses kept on fogging up. Stay well and safe there. Cheers. KEV.

Lisa said...

I love to walk in a soft rain. it does feel good. The veggie pie sounds delicious.
Lisa

Jeanette said...

That recipe looks really good!

Ruth Hiebert said...

The title of this post intrigued me. Yes, it does look like a headless man.

Bill said...

We had rain all day yesterday and this morning. It finally stopped and the sun is trying hard to come out. :) Nice find with the headless man.

Lowcarb team member said...

I must check out the recipe ...

All the best Jan