Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, July 03, 2020

Summer days

On this mornings walk to town it was 61 degrees,
calm, and a couple of low hanging clouds around.


Walking up the main road there was a dead deer on the side that
got hit by a car.  Poor thing.  Was hoping it wasn't one of our
deer and passing by saw that it was a buck and our visitors are
all does.

Walked around the lower cemetery and then went back 
to the main road in town and by then the sun was shining brightly.

Turned right at the road I'm coming up on here.


Then another left which takes me to the library in a few blocks.
Continued on to the post office which is back across the
main road, passed the day care center and then headed
back home.

Saw a woman running who I never saw before and we passed each other
two times.

Some wild flowers along the side of the road.


Pretty quite around town this morning.
Walked 5.7 miles

🌤     🙂     ☀️

Finished up this weeks housework and even washed the living room
windows inside and out.
Easy to wash the outside because I can just stand on the porch.

We made a quick trip to the library and picked up a DVD.
Strange visiting a library now a days!

We also drove up to the Shop and Save because ice cream
is on sale and we are down to our last carton.
Didn't stop in though because the parking lot was packed!!
People up here at the lake for the 4th
and didn't want to be around all those people!!! 

Another beautiful sunny summer day here.
Temperatures in the high 70's with a lovely breeze.
With the windows open in the living room it's like being outside.
 The daisies I brought to this house from the house in town
will be blooming any day now.


That's been my day.
Thanks for stopping by.
Life is Good
Find the good in your day.
happyone  ❤️

13 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen, I am glad you were able to bring some of your daisies with you. I remember you saying that the new owners of your old house mowed down all your daisies there. Don't blame you for staying away from people We had to go over to Walmart today and we tried to distance and most people were wearing masks, but it still gave me a lot of anxiety just to be around all those people. Hope you have a very happy 4th of July.

Debi said...

It's nice to bring something from a former home to a new one. I have a lilac bush from the home where I grew up. My dad used to bring me lilacs every spring and when they sold the house he brought me a part of the tree so I could grow my own.

ellen b. said...

Windows open...that sounds real nice. Big shopping day today for sure. Good idea to avoid those out of town visitors...

Granny Marigold said...

You were wise not to go into the store. Just not worth the chance with a lot of people in there.
I'm sorry for the poor deer but happy that it wasn't one of "yours".

Vee said...

I got up with the chickens to get to the store before the crowds came. There were probably less than ten people in the store while I was there. I picked up ice cream and cones...coffee ice cream. If it had been mint chocolate chip or just chocolate chip, I'd have been copying you.

(Say, I didn't know that there was a lake in your town. Have you ever mentioned that before? Have you ever shown it before?)

I'm glad that your does weren't hurt.

Rose said...

I LOVE that first shot.

I am glad that was not one of your deer. I always love seeing them being at home at your place. I have not been in our library in a long while. I was just checking going to check if I could borrow a book through them that a friend told me about. We not longer have the ebook lending at ours! I am so disappointed. Not that I borrowed a super lot, but still will miss it.

Susie said...

I loved the way your town looks. I like the quiet of morning, don't you? That is beautiful , all the flowers on your walks. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Lovely flowers.

Have a grand day. God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I love daisies, I am glad you could move this one to your new place.
Great views and pretty wildflowers. Happy 4th of July! Enjoy your day, have a great weekend!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The wildflowers are so beautiful! It's fun to see what's blooming every time you go out! I walked last night but the bugs drove me back inside after a brisk walk! lol Happy 4th!

Bill said...

Pretty wildflowers. Don't blame you for not wanting to be around all the people there for the holiday, I would pass too.
Have a lovely evening.

Ruta M. said...

I agree about keeping away from people. It's not worth the risk. Your daisies are looking good, hope the deer don't find them.

Lowcarb team member said...

It's always nice to see wildflowers …

All the best Jan