Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, June 06, 2020

Frozen pizza

Temperature was 64 degrees this morning when I walked.
It was cloudy and still.
I could have used a nice cool rain shower.
Was glad when the wind picked up a bit to cool me off.

Walked my usual route to town.
Through town and passed our old house,
around the block and over to the ball park.
Made a loop around there, walked the side road up to the
main road and back home again.


Very quite around town and didn't see a living soul expect
people in cars.

Quite a few deer about, some wild turkeys and a groundhog.
Also the cutest very small bunny.

Walked 6 miles

☁️     🙂     ☁️

The sun came out later in the day and it ended up being
a beautiful sunny day.
Even got the laundry out on the line.

I've been spending time at the different web sites finding
the places to get free and inexpensive books for my new Kindle.
Thank you Rose and Deb for the links, much appreciated.

Didn't get much work done around the house and
just did my usual puttering around doing this and that.
Walked around outside for a bit too in the afternoon.
 Came across a three foot snake sunning itself on the driveway.
Didn't have my phone so couldn't take a picture.

Tuesday we bought a frozen DiGiorno pizza and ate it for supper.
Not bad at all for a frozen pizza and will buy it again.
Great to have around for those days when you just don't feel like cooking.
We have eaten home every single day since all this isolation started.
Haven't even had a take out meal from any place!!
I've never eaten home so many days in a row in my entire life!!
I think eating out had become a habit, at least for me,
because I don't miss eating out
as much as I thought I would.

That's it for today.

Thanks for stopping by.
Life is Good
Find the good in your day.
happyone  ❤️
Comment replies:
Kerri - Thanks for the book recommendation and I will read it.

Victor -  I've never figured out how many miles I've walked in total but each year I take around 6,000,000 steps.  That includes all day steps, not just my walk.

24 comments:

Tom said...

...I see that rhododendrons are in bloom there too, take care Karen and keep on walking.

Lowcarb team member said...

The rhododendrons in your photograph look lovely.

All the best Jan

Ruth Hiebert said...

Gorgeous picture. Sometimes I actually prefer home cooked meals, but I do also like a meal out once in a while.

Debi said...

I have a Kindle too and my favorite websites for free and cheap books are Book Bub and Freebooksy. I'm curious... how long does it take you to walk your six miles each morning?

Susie said...

Happy, I saw what you said to Victor about how many miles. forget that , how many pairs of shoes have you gone thru. LOL. Just teasing. I am so envious of your walks. Well I should say your feet. :( We have had those frozen pizza before. We may add a bit more seasoning. The picture you posted is very pretty. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Vee said...

Eating out is one of the things that I miss most. DiGiorno you say. 🙂 Happy reading!

ellen b. said...

I think having the choice to eat out is something I miss most besides leisurely shopping without a face mask on. That said we've enjoyed some good meals in. We had pizza today. We were pleased with the Pillsbury pizza crust with our added toppings. How nice that you could put some wash out on the lines! We had a mix today of clouds, rain and a little peaks of sunshine! Hope you have a nice evening and Sunday!

Rose said...

I don't mind cooking if we want something specific...but I do grow weary of it when we just eat cause we have to. LOL Always think about when we worked, anything was delicious. It has been a while since we had a frozen pizza...we have had the Di Gioro and liked them...and I think it was a thin crust Sam's Choice we got and really liked.

Granny Marigold said...

People must all have been sleeping in. It must be strange to see more deer walking around than people. I think I' prefer that.

Happy@Home said...

How nice that you were able to hang your laundry out.
I am kind of glad you weren't able to take a picture of that snake :).
We had frozen pizza for dinner tonight too. It was nice to eat on the patio and watch the bird activity.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen- We get take out about once a week. I always have a frozen pizza or two in our downstairs freezer - just in case. I get tired of cooking every day and coming up with menu ideas that we will all like. Glad you had a good Saturday. We had a rainy day here. See you again tomorrow.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- Our Restaurants and Cafe' are beginning to have restrictions lifted - still a cap on the number of people taken in. Our Shopping Maul still hasn't opened up seating - and it is still all Take Away from the venues-such as KFC etc.
Have a safe time there Karen and Ken. Cheers. KEV.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Free and inexpensive books? Take 6,000,000 steps in the right direction. Visit www.holyvisions.co.uk

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, Love the blooming rhodo. There is a frozen Sam's pizza hubby and I enjoy. I borrow most of my books from the libraries Overdrive site. Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy new week!

Brenda said...

Sometimes baking a frozen pizza hits the spot when one is not up to cooking.
I am in day 86 isolation-got air in tires...sat in the family's yard one hour or so...got one takeout-I am used to cooking daily and enjoy it-for myself...the heat here is oppressive right now...the city is still on curfew...however, my days are good. Love your blog and your walking...trips...stories...

Brenda said...

P. S. I just finished 798 miles last Sunday...and almost 2 million steps...I will count again tonight...week ends on Sunday. I keep in my journal and datebook. Have done 5-6 miles since last year...mostly in apartment and in hallways...some outside...if not too hot or too cold...used phone to count before...so once I got to five on it...didn't carry in apartment...so have more than recorded. Darling granddaughter had Fitbit sent to me, so it is more accurate now. At my age, with Arthritis, Osteoporosis, and Fibromyalgia...a miracle...lol

Leslie said...

Do you ever cook frozen pizza on the grill? Its fantastic!!!! I have a few books on my shelf that I still need to finish- I used to be able to breeze through a good book in a day or two, now it takes me weeks. I just cant focus anymore.
Have a great day!!!!!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

My goodness...that's a LOT of steps! I have a way to count mine now but I'm not going to have anywhere near that many. Looks like a beautiful walk. We have rain so no walk for me today. I can check out books online from my library and when I get the choice on how to download them, I click on KINDLE and read them on the kindle app on my IPAD. Have you tried your library yet? Hugs!

susan q said...

I feel the same way about staying home in this pandemic. I thought I would dislike it but no. I find it relaxing, comforting, even enjoyable. I read my local restaurant inspections and do not eat out. I need more practice or a live demonstration on the Kindle my sister gave me. Can't seem to get the hang of it. I like turning the pages of a book. Something about teaching an old dog new tricks. Must see pics of your sunflowers. Love that flower. Have a great week, happyone.

NanaDiana said...

Gorgeous photo. I love how dedicated you are to walking and staying healthy. You have amazing dedication to the art of walking!
We have not eaten out or ordered in since isolating either. Fragile health in the house makes us extra wary.
Have a wonderful Sunday- xo Diana

Jeanette said...

Have you tried your local library for books? There is a sight called Hoopla if someone hasn't already told you about it. The libraries use it for members to download books. I think they are good for 21 days. Anyway, DiGorno frozen pizzas are pretty good. I like the thin crust ones. I don't miss sitting in restaurants at all but we have gotten takeout quite a bit since this all started.

Bill said...

The rhododendrons on the side of the road are very pretty. That's a lot of steps, very impressive.

Srishti Verma said...

This world have a lot of issue, but this blog makes me some relaxation, im sharing this blog with my himachal travel guide , keep posting.. nice blog.

dot said...

Always enjoy your pictures!