Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, May 09, 2020

Winter is back


It is May 9th isn't it!?
Who would think that I'd be posting a snowy picture on this day.

22 degrees this morning with sunshine on my morning walk
with a slight breeze.

Finally a rabbit that stood still long enough for me to take a picture.


Walked to town.


Didn't go around any of the regular loops in town but just walked
up and down the streets.

Had fun drawing happy smiles all around town in the snow
with my walking stick.
Must have made at least of dozen of them.
Maybe they will put a smile on someones face.

Quite a few ice puddles around.
It is always fun to step on them and break them up.


After all that fun 😃 it was time to head back home again.

Walked 6 miles

🌤     🌤     🌤

Another day at home doing all the usual stuff.

Thought I'd show you the rest of the room in our house.
It is just one big room with kitchen, dining, and living room.
This picture taken standing by the sink.


This one standing by the front door.


We've been having snow showers with and the sun coming out
every once in a while.
Very windy too.

That's all for today.
A happy and healthy day to you.
Thanks for stopping by.
happyone  ❤️

22 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

That first photograph is stunning, a lovely scene.
Love your happy smile faces.
Your room looks very nice.

Enjoy your weekend, whatever the weather brings :)

All the best Jan

NanaDiana said...

We have snow coming tonight and tomorrow morning, too. UgH...I am SO over winter. Love your home- it FEELS like a real home -warm and cozy and inviting. A place to sit down and relax. I like open floor plans like that. We bad that in our last place but the condo is more separated rooms but still pretty open.
Hope you have a good evening- xo Diana

Vee said...

Snow here as well...gone now, thankfully. The wind was so bitter that I had to run inside and grab a coat while saying goodbye to my company. Yes, I'm one of those who walks people to their car and waves until they are nearly out of sight.

Hope that warmer weather is on its way. This is too cruel.

I love your cozy home and the way you decorate.

Henny Penny said...

I simply can't believe how cold and windy it is. Supposed to gat down to 35 here with a frost warning. That's not too bad but for here in NC is's unusual, especially since we had such warm weather in Jan. Feb. and some in March. I loved seeing you big room. It is so pretty! Big but still very cozy looking. I love it!

Rose said...

I can't believe you have snow again, eiter, but the wind here was so very chilly that nothing would surprise me.

I love your big room...

The Furry Gnome said...

Thr rabbit was probably frozen in place! Beautiful home.

Debi said...

It sounds like you had a FUN walk this morning! I loed your smiley faces. Your home looks so cozy and welcoming.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love seeing the photos of your home! I think it's so great to have a big room that you can work in and enjoy! Love seeing that cute bunny! But snow? That's incredible! Happy Mother's day!

Betty said...

We did not get snow, but it is so cold here. I wanted to plant our veggie beds,but that will have to wait until next weekend when it will be in the 70s.

Granny Marigold said...

Your home looks lovely and inviting. The snow, on the other hand, looks out-of-place in May. I hope it melts quickly.
I think your happy faces will bring smiles to most people.

Tom said...

...we had on and off today too, but I think that you win the prize! Happy Mother's Day Karen. Spring coming, we just don't know when!

ellen b. said...

Love your open concept! Those happy faces make me smile!

Joyful said...

Winterj ust seems to linger this year. We too have had colder temps and later. This week we finally had some nicer weather.You have a lovely home to relax and enjoy when you aren't out walking. Stay safe.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Unusual to see the Snow- being Spring? Lovely photos though- like your smiling faces. I like your house interior Karen- looks very homely. Regards. KEV.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Wonderful house, Happyone.

God bless you and yours always.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

It is cold here but we did not have any snow. Love the cute bunny and smiley face. Your home is beautiful! Happy Mother's Day! Enjoy your day, have a great new week!

Ruth Hiebert said...

I hope that snow is all gone by now. We had just a few flakes coming down. Love your home. It looks cozy and friendly, which I'm sure it is.,

Adam said...

Cute snow smile

Jeanette said...

I love open spaces like that! You have a very nice house1 I would have smiled seeing one of your happy faces if I was walking around there!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. Happy Mother's Day to you!! I love how you drew those smiley faces in the snow! Thank you for sharing the pictures of the inside of your home. I love how home and comfy it looks. I would love to come over for a visit. I can just see how much Ken and you enjoy being in your home. It is really nice, and I love your comfy furnishings. The colors and furnishings are very much my tastes as well. Hope you have a wonderful weekend and that warm, sunny days are ahead.

Bill said...

I love the first photo, it's beautiful.
Cute wee rabbit on the road.
Have a nice day!

Becki said...

I love that you drew smiles in the snow on your walk. :) Your home is cozy and beautiful!