Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, May 23, 2020

Walking in the cloud

A nice 50 degrees this morning when I left the house.
Sunrise is now 5:55 and it is nice that I don't have to wait
for it to get light before I can walk. 🙂
Left this morning at 6:10.
From the end of my driveway I could see a cloud down the hill.
I'm right in the cloud here.


Walked to town and out of the cloud right into the sunshine.


Walked through town this morning and over the to 
Dollar General where I turned around in the parking lot
and headed back home again.

Saw Lisa out running and we stopped for a short chat.
She lives up the road from where we lived in town and she
commented that she will miss seeing my old daisy garden each day
that the new people mowed down.
There are rabbits around most days but this morning there seemed
to a lot more than usual!!
Smelled a skunk on the way to town and sure enough
one got hit crossing the street.
Walked 6 miles
⛅️     🙂     ⛅️
Did inside stuff around the house in the morning and
got a load of laundry hung outside.

After lunch I went outside.
Didn't do much out there but walk around Happy Trails.
Picked up a few branches that fell and put them on the fence and just
enjoyed being outside.
Crossed the street and talked to the cows in the pasture.
Sat on the porch for a little while too.

Back in the house I made a few more squares
and worked on the cross stitch.
Supper time came and went and now here I am blogging.
The days just zip right by.

A happy and healthy day to you.
Thanks for stopping by.
happyone  ❤️
Comment Replies:
Victor - Yes, I did sing in the rain, and do sing a song or two every morning when I'm out there walking. (when no one is around)  😀

Ruta - For some reason I can't leave a comment on your blog.  When I click on comment it takes to me other sites and then my computer gets hung up and I have to shut it down and start over.  Still reading your blog just can't comment.

15 comments:

Tom said...

...I like your foggy start the the day. Spring is finally arrived here, it will hot by midweek. Take care Karen, I hope that your days continue to zip right by!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Oh my! Walking in the clouds, that sounds so wonderful .Beautiful pictures.

Susie said...

Such a pretty walk. Glad you are still at it. Love that blue sky too. Blessings, stay safe. xoxo, Susie

Vee said...

The fog made for some beautiful pics. Glad that you had a visit with Lisa again. I imagine that most townspeople will miss seeing the daisies. I still have people say how much they miss seeing John's flag flying high on the way out of town and it's been gone nearly four years. Maybe you'll find a spot for some daisies at your place...a whisky barrel at the end of the drive or something.

Rose said...

What a way to begin the day! And there is that church again...in the mist! It is so pretty.

Granny Marigold said...

Nice fog pictures, especially the one with the church in the distance.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Great picture of walking in the cloud. I got a notice from the post office that I am getting something from your location, but it hasn't arrived yet. I hope I get it this weekend - so excited. I love that purple flower in the last picture. That is too bad that the new owners of your house mowed down your daisy garden. Hope you have a good weekend. See you again soon.

ellen b. said...

We had fog on the hillsides this morning. Sounds like a good walking day with a little catch up with Lisa, too. We haven't had many skunks yet hit on our road but I'm sure that will change soon. Some people call our road Skunk Alley. Hope you have a good Sunday!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Walking in the Clouds would have been very nice for you Karen. We're having windy days here- not much fun when walking. Cheers. KEV.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

How wonderful to go for long walks and sing along the way. You're truly the Happyone.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Love the clouds and early morning fog shots. I like the view of the church. Pretty flowers, we are seeing similar flowers along the roads here, I think they are called Dames Rocket? Enjoy your day, wishing you a great new week ahead.

Bill said...

Early morning fog is beautiful to photograph. The flowers are very pretty. You're right about the days zipping by, the week just sprints to the end. Sounds like you had an enjoyable day. Wishing you another one today!

Adam said...

I almost went to dollar general yesterday but went to a different grocer instead

Debi said...

Beautiful foggy photos. Isn't it funny how some days seem to just fly by and others go at a much slower pace?

Hill Top Post said...

That little church just keep showing up in some amazing pictures. I love this foggy morning picture!