Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, April 01, 2020

New Flag

A walk to town again this morning.
Left at 6:35.
It was 33 degrees, calm, and cloudy.
Sunrise 6:59




There were deer and rabbits again along my route.
Once I reached town just stayed walking around the cemeteries
and then headed back home.

While walking around one of the cemeteries for a few minutes
there were snow flurries but nothing came of them.

Only saw a couple of cars but there were quite a few delivery 
trailer trucks going by. Walmart, US Food, Dollar General,
just to name a few.  Nice to know the shelves are still getting
stocked with goods.

Walked 6 miles

☁️     🚶‍♀️     ☁️

We got the slow cooker going this morning with chili.
Ken was nice and did all the cutting of the pepper, onion,
and celery for me while I browned the meat.
Used the chili for the Taco Salad that we had for supper.

Took in my winter flag and put this spring/summer flag out
that I bought some months ago.
Got the flag one at the same time and put that one out too.




Been sewing the weave-it squares together for a good part of the
day and I'm just about finished.
Hope to finish it later this evening.
It always takes longer than I think.

While I was outside I noticed all my cow neighbors walked up the
hill this afternoon. 
They don't usually go way up there.
They just like black spots up there but they are cows.
There are five little calves up there too.


More of the puzzle got done today too.

They only work I did was to wash the sheets.
Couldn't hang them outside so had to put them on the clothes drying
rack.  Which I put over the heating vent.

Church again tonight in a little while at 7:00 on FB.

Then just the usual evening.
An old movie
Sewing
Reading
Ice Cream

That's all folks.
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy and healthy day to you.
happyone  🥰

14 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

I like your new flag and your last photograph shows a very nice peaceful scene.

All the best Jan

Tom said...

...you sure live in a beautiful neck of the woods!

ellen b. said...

We've got a church devotional on facebook tonight at 6 pacific time. It's nice to connect with the pastor and his wife. Love your flags! I'm working on a puzzle again and I finally got a hard poster board to work on. Have a good evening!

Rose said...

It is fun to watch cows...I have never seen one take a direct route somewhere, they ease along back and fourth at an easy grade. I still have not started a puzzle...but should.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Your summer flag is so pretty.

Debi said...

I like your flags... a sure sign that spring has arrived! :-)

Granny Marigold said...

I love Bluebirds so I especially like your new flag.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Best wishes always.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I do enjoy the views from your walks, the countryside, the cows. Your new flag is pretty, I love the bluebird. Take care, enjoy your day!

R's Rue said...

❤️

Kerin said...

Love your summer flag, and it sure sparks hope for sunnier days :)

Have a sweet day.

~K.

Bill said...

The summer flag looks good.
Enjoy your day!

Debby Ray said...

Love the new springy flag and your morning walks always look so peaceful. Your chili sound delicious...and we are having tacos for supper tonight. I usually make a taco salad out of mine. Enjoy the rest of your week!

William Kendall said...

Sunrise here is comparatively the same. I took a shot the other day at about that time of the dawn.