Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, January 15, 2020

To Bedford, Pa


Drove into town again and started walking at 6:45.
It was 38 degrees, calm, with a mix of sun and clouds.
Sunrise 7:36

Headed over to the library and dropped a book down the slot.
A walk all over town, up and down all the streets,
with loops around both cemeteries and the ball park too.

The horses were out down by the Drane house 
but they didn't come over by me.
Too busy eating.

Sad to see a cat in the road that got hit by a car.
I just picture someone at home waiting for their cat to come home.

Saw Kathy's car when I returned to the Jeep but she
was nowhere in sight.

Found 2 pennies - the first coins of the year.

Walked my usual 6 miles

⛅️     🌤    🌧

We had breakfast and then left in the truck pulling the trailer
with the Romans books to Bedford, Pa to a warehouse.
2 men were there that we know from another church near there
who assembles the books too.
They helped us unload all the boxes and then load the new
books for us to bring back to our church.

We usually have to go down to Stauntan, Va which is a lot farther
away and takes the whole day leaving early in the morning.
So this trip was really nice.
About 1 hour 15 minutes one way!!

When we got home we both sat down for a minute
and the next thing I knew I woke up an hour later!!

Had a beautiful sunny day but when I woke up that had changed
to dark clouds which did bring rain.

Ken didn't want to drive the trailer in the rain in the dark
so we didn't go to church tonight and drop off the trailer.

I brought out the next puzzle and we got all the pieces
out on the table and have started the edge.
Not enough to take a picture of it yet.

That's all folks.
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy day to you.
happyone  🍭
Comment Replies:
Rose - Don't really have a favorite Mexican food.  I like it ALL. 🙂

Angie - We plan to keep bowling each week, at least for a while.  We really had a lot of fun. 🎳

14 comments:

Tom said...

...I love the foggy start to your day.

Rose said...

We had fog so thick this morn that it was good if you could see from one end of the block to the other. I like your first shot a lot. I have been thinking about getting out a second puzzle. I so wish Roger liked to work them...it would be so good for him but he has never like them.

William Kendall said...

The horses have their priorities straight.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Glad you had a good and safe trip Will look forward to seeing that puzzle when you get going on it. I'm with you - I like just about all Mexican food. Have a good evening and I will check back tomorrow.

Vee said...

Every 2¢ counts! You must have needed that little nap. Did Ken drop off also?

peppylady (Dora) said...

So glad the days are slowly getting longer.

Hill Top Post said...

Sometimes it feels so good just to nod off for a few minutes. Our day started off foggy too and it didn't go away for a long while. I love foggy morning pictures, though, like yours!

Granny Marigold said...

It's good to hear that your trip went well ( and was shorter than usual) and that Ken decided not to drive in the rain. Better safe than sorry.
You must have needed that sleep. I don't think you've ever mentioned a nap before!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
I love both photos, especially the horses. We had some fog yesterday morning too. I do not like driving in the rain at night. Enjoy your day, have a great weekend ahead!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Nice to see Fog and be in it- very natural. We've had rain yesterday and today with more Storms predicted....hoping this may signal the ending of the State Wide Drought.

Lisa said...

We have had a lot of rain. Today is the first time I have seen sunshine in over a week!
I love taking walks in the fog.
Lisa

Bill said...

I enjoy fog, it adds a little mystery to a photo. The ground around the horses looks frosty. Hopefully the added daylight will bring some warmth to the mornings.
Enjoy your day!

Adam said...

I've never been to Pennsylvania.

ellen b. said...

That's a nice morning fog shot. Pretty. Glad your drive was shorter this time around. I'm always amazed at all the coins you find.