Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, October 03, 2019

This and That

Left the house at 6:30 and drove into town for my walk.
Another warm morning at 67 degrees.
A mix of sun and clouds once the sun came up.
Sunrise 7:15

Walked straight through town and out the other end and kept 
walking for a ways.
Turned around and on the way back took a turn around
in the industrial park.

Back through town along the back roads,
once around the ball park loop and back to the car and home.

No people or animals around this morning.

Walked 6 miles
Found a penny in the Dollar General parking lot.  💰
🍁     🌤     🍂

Ken worked on his stone wall for a little while.
While he stacked I was out back making a pile of rocks for his next load.

Came across these stones that look like the soles of some giant shoes.
Here I am standing on them.
The deer has been a regular visitor under the arched stone bridge
and we see her most days.
Sometimes she stays there for 3 hours or so.
She was there today when I was harvesting stone just behind her.
Ken started calling her Dolly so she now has a name.
 We went out in the middle of the day and did a bunch of errands.

A couple of weeks ago I took a picture walking down a street
in Oakland up from the library.  There was a picture of part of a house
that looked pink in the sunshine.
Here it is from the front so you can see it is red.
Took the picture last Friday morning when I walked past it again.
There are quite a few neat old houses on this street.
The first picture you can see again HERE.

That's it for today.
  Hope your day was a happy one.
Life is Good
happyone 🥰


Comment Replies:
Victor - Yes, we do have a $1 coin but hardly ever come across them.  They are not much bigger than the quarters.  
The most money I've ever found was a $20 bill.  
Used to find a lot more coins where we used to live before moving up here.  
Not as many people to drop coins up here!

15 comments:

William Kendall said...

She certainly seems to like that bridge.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I wouldn't want to meet whoever left those big footprints. LOL It is so special to have Dolly make herself at home there.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

You really have to look to see that deer! How pretty! And I love your new banner!

Tom said...

...what a house. Ken has BIG shoes to fill. I think that it's a hoot that the deer has found a resting spot under the bridge.

Granny Marigold said...

I love the Fall colour in that first photo.
Your deer sure is comfortable there under the bridge. How special that she comes around and stays for hours.

Hill Top Post said...

Well, it wasn't hard to choose my favorite picture of the day. All I had to do was to click on the last one to see it up close. I love that gorgeous wall of stacked rocks. I noticed you have changed up your blog a bit. The black background really makes your pictures pop!

KEV. Robertson. said...

I like your NEW Title Photo- of the Corn Fields and Farm- a very nice picture indeed. Your pet Deer 'Dolly' seems very content to settle under Ken's Bridge and relax awhile. Cheers. KEV.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

The red house looks wonderful.

$20 is quite a find, well done. Over here the most I find is a penny or a 2 pence coin. (We have 100 pence to the £1). I have never found a £1 or a £2 coin. So I drop them on purpose and turn round and pick them up again!

God bless.

Aritha V. said...

You make me glad, very time, with your photos. Love the footsteps.

Adam said...

I like the colors on the house.

Connie said...

I so enjoying going with you on your morning walks. You live in such a beautiful area :)

Bill said...

Dolly loves her bridge. :)
A beautiful house indeed.
Have a wonderful day.

Rose said...

I can't believe I did not visit your blog last night. So glad to see all of that house...it is a beauty. Love that rounded corner on the porch. That last view is lovely, too.

Oh, almost forgot...those could be your snowshoes...NOT. LOL

Retired Knitter said...

You know what they say ... once you name it, you won it. How lovely that you have your own pet deer! Hahaha.

Lowcarb team member said...

Those stones really do look like the soles of some giant shoes.

All the best Jan