Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, September 28, 2019

Walking To Town

Waited until it was light enough to walk and left the
house at 7:00 and headed to town.
Surprisingly warm at 64 degrees.
Sunrise 7:10

It's been a while since I walked right from home and it was
nice walking to town again.

Just at the main road 1 1/2 miles from home, neighbor Harry
has put together this nice fall decoration in his front yard.

Walked to town, up and down the main road and a couple 
of side streets and then back home again.

On the way to town I saw 11 deer
and on the way home saw quite a few wild turkeys
and a couple of chipmunks.

Lisa was out running in town and we stopped for a little chat.
  
I won't have to worry about the German Shepherd coming after me anymore,
there is a for sale sign in their front yard.
Of course it could take a year or so for them to sell the house.

I noticed two other houses on the way to town have for sale signs out too.

Walked 6 miles

🍁     🍂
We haven't had ice cream in the house for a few days now
and have been missing our ice cream snack in the evening.
A sale started for Turkey Hill brand at Shop and Save so we went and
got in a good supply.
The sale was 4 for $10 and we came home with eight.
That should last us till the next sale.

Got a bit of housework done and then walked around outside.
Ken has been working on the stone wall along the cinder blocks 
down by the basement.
It is slow going but he has gotten a lot done.
I'll take a picture on Monday to show his progress.

This evening I plan on doing some reading, making weave-it squares
and of course having a dish of ice cream.

Hope your day was a happy one.
Life is Good
happyone 🥰

13 comments:

Rose said...

I just picked up some ice cream sandwiches, because Lorelei loves them. And I like almost any ice cream. I bet it did feel good to walk from home...just kind of good to change things up.

Love your goldenrod shots....

ellen b. said...

I'm glad the German Shepard is not long for your walks. Hopefully it sells soon. That's a lot of deer to see. Enjoy that ice cream!

Ruth Hiebert said...

I love that first picture. A road like that looks so inviting.

Granny Marigold said...

Your neighbour Harry has put some effort into making a cute display. Makes me sad to think a display like that around here might very well be kicked apart by nasty kids on the loose. Just today youngest son said someone had stolen his almost new steel-toed workboots from right in front of his door. Makes me sad but also angry.

Vee said...

The local ice cream shop closed for the season. I am sad. I don’t usually have ice cream in the house...much safer to go out for a baby cone. I’m going to miss my weekly treat. Your neighbor has a nice display and the last photo shows lovely color.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

It's a shame they are selling the German Shepherd.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Looks like a great morning for your walk. Pretty fall decorations and colorful leaves. We usually do not keep ice cream in the house, only a treat once in a while. Enjoy your Sunday, wishing you a happy new week!

Tom said...

...I love the fall decorations, what a colorful time of year!

Adam said...

It's pumpkin time!

Sue said...

Loved seeing your walk from home, Karen, read some of your previous posts and was so blessed, I am so amazed, and blessed at how much outreach and ministry your church has, and of how involved you and Ken are. this is so inspiring to me.
Great deal on the ice cream,we are ice cream eaters too!
Harry's display reminds me of ours, would love to trade wagons with him. ~wink~.
Thanks for sharing.
Blessings,
Sue

William Kendall said...

Pretty fall colours!

Bill said...

Harry's got a nice set up for the fall season. Lots of beautiful colours to see and enjoy. Enjoy your ice cream and have a great day.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I hope that big old dog moves SOON! Aren't the Fall decorations cute and it's neat to see signs of Fall in the trees! Enjoy your week!