Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, September 30, 2019

Rainy walk

Waited till it was light enough to walk which was 7:04.
60 degrees and raining.
If it wasn't raining I probably could have left a few minutes earlier.
Sunrise 7:12

With umbrella up I walked to town and there was a light rain all the way.
2 1/2 miles into town the rain stopped.
Walked through town and back on some side streets.

Didn't see anyone else out walking.

The For Sale sign I saw the other day in the yard where the 
German Shepherd lives is now gone. 
Wonder what happened there?

When I headed back home it started raining again and at
times it was coming down pretty hard.

Haven't walked in the rain for a while so it was a nice change.
Like to hear the rain on the umbrella and on the leaves too.

Walked 6.2 miles
☔️     ☔️ 
I've been working on the next baby blanket and have 25 squares done. 
(70 make up a blanket) 
Using these colors.
Will arrange the pattern when all squares are done and then
sew them.
The sun came out this afternoon.
Looking Up

I don't have a built in island in the kitchen but I have
a high table that I use as one.
I had my cookbooks under it on the shelf
and today I moved them to the bookshelf.
The shelf under the table is now home to
a cow that Ken made years ago and some old milk bottles.

No pizza at Brenda's this evening.
We stayed home and used up some more tomatoes and had BLT's.

That's it for today.
Hope your day was a happy one.
Live is Good
happyone 🥰

15 comments:

Michelle said...

I love a rainy day, always have. BLT's sound great to me. Haven't had one in a while.

Tom said...

...neat table and we have had BLT lately too, they are the best.

Adam said...

My brother loved a BLT pizza.

Vee said...

I like the display you have there! Laurel and I opted for BLTs today as well. So good now with the fresh, ripe tomatoes.

William Kendall said...

You had quite moody skies.

Rose said...

BLTS sounds so good...I can eat them for any meal and be a happy camper.
Every baby blanket you make, I think it is my favorite, till the next one This one really might be my favorite!

Happy@Home said...

I really like the colors you chose for this baby blanket. Reminds me of the fall foliage. Very cute display you made under the table in your kitchen.

Hill Top Post said...

I love the photo looking up. I see colors there that remind me of the new baby blanket squares. I'm with Rose - I think this one may be my favorite. A rainy day walk under an umbrella can be fun, as long as the wind doesn't blow. I wonder why no one else was walking. :~)

Granny Marigold said...

I like the sound of rain on my umbrella too! I wonder what's going on with the For Sale sign gone already!!

Debbie Harris said...

Mmm...BLT's with fresh tomatoes, now that's a winner.
Looking up through those trees is quite lovely as your walk in the rain must have been.
Your milk bottles look nice on that shelf with your cute cow.

Joy!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- Good to see the rain. Bit dry here- we desperately need the rain. I'm soon to update my Blog and will mention the photo you took for me back in Feb 2019 of the CSX Diesel Locomotive (GP40)...thank you for doing this. KEV.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I wonder who bought the German Shepherd.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I was not sure what was for the sale the house or the dog? Love the pretty squares and yarn color. The fall color and trees are beautiful.
I love BLT's too. The cow is cute! Happy October, have a great day and new week ahead.

Retired Knitter said...

Love the color of those squares.

Bill said...

That's going to be a nice blanket. Nice early morning photos, the colour always comes out on the trees when it rains. I haven't had a BLT in a very long time. They are deicious especially with home grown tomatoes.
Enjoy your day!