Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, May 20, 2019

Monday

🦋      🦋
Windy this morning and a warm 62 degrees with a mix of sun and clouds
when I left on my walk.
I was glad for the wind to keep me cool.
Walked to town and down the main street,
then over to the post office to drop some mail down the slot.
A stop at the old house,
(Another viewing scheduled for tomorrow)
and over to the ball park and walked the loop around there.

Some of the rhododendron in town have started to bloom.
Walked back through town and home.
Saw a couple of very bright gold finches
and a chipmunk.  
Pretty quiet around town.
 ðŸ¦‹     🦋
A nice sunny day and the wind stayed around all day.
We worked out back just about the whole day.
Ken harvested more rocks for his bridge and then put them on the bridge.
I cut and cleared sticker bushes out back.
Picked up lots a dead fall too.
 The day just zoomed by.

Saw a Scarlet Tanager out front and
wow are they pretty.
Don't think I've ever seen one in person.
Took a picture but with the cell phone camera just
couldn't get a good one.
Times like this I miss having a 'real' camera.

It's Monday so we went to Brenda's again for pizza.
I look forward to Monday's!!

Reading this evening and also working on the latest baby blanket.
I'll have enough done tomorrow to post a picture of the progress.

That's been my day.
Hope you made yours day a happy one.
happyone 🥰

16 comments:

Vee said...

With your photography skills, you would really enjoy having a camera and a tripod, too. Another beautiful day in your corner...

Tom said...

...you first image is gorgeous. It was so wind that you could have blown out of your sneakers. I haven't seen a Scarlet Tanager in years!

Rose said...

What great photos you have today! Love them all.

It is cold here today...but perfect for mowing the yard. I could mow till I was really hot and tired, and only take a minute to cool out!

R's Rue said...

Beautiful

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Sounds like nice weather for walking. I've gotten in as many hikes as I could lately because soon it will be too hot to walk! I'll have to go to the pool or fitness center. And you and I both love the outdoors so much! The bird was a neat sighting...chipmunk too! Enjoy your evening!

Ruth Hiebert said...

The last picture is the winner for me today. I want to take a leisurely walk around there.

Granny Marigold said...

Scarlet Tanagers are so beautiful and so rare around here!
I wish we had a half-price pizza place around here. It would start the week off just fine.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Lovely rhododendron. Beautiful sunset once again.

God bless.

John's Island said...

More great photos today and I especially love the sunrise! I hear you about using the phone for pics. Without an optical zoom I would be out of luck on many of the photos on my walks around Green Lake.

Inger said...

I have to add to the great photos comments above. Your pictures are just gorgeous and I can imagine how nice it must be to walk among all that beauty and a Scarlet Tanager to boost.

Michelle said...

Sounds like a lovely walk. I have a real camera and still find birds hard to photograph!

The Furry Gnome said...

Great sunrise picture!

ellen b. said...

Beautiful rhoddy! All the photos are lovely.

Adam said...

Nice flowers

Kerri Farley said...

Congrats on the Scarlet Tanager!!

William Kendall said...

The brook is a pretty sight.