Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, April 12, 2019

Finished footbridge

Thanks so much for the prayers and good wishes.
I'm feeling pretty much back to normal now except for a dry cough
which I know lasts for a couple of weeks
and I don't have my usual energy yet.
Haven't walked for the last 4 days but
plan to in the morning.

Here is a picture of the completed footbridge that Ken made.
Today he worked on the water feature.
I didn't do much but helped where I could.
We got a lot more done near the end of the day but I didn't get
any more pictures of it.
A thunder shower came on suddenly and we ran for cover.
Added a little more to the natural fence
and walked around a bit.

Some of the neighbor cows.
Mom and calf.
This one finds that an old tractor seat is just the thing to get
at the itch that needs scratching.

So that's about it.
Happy to be feeling a lot better.
A happy day to you.
happyone ❤️

20 comments:

Tom said...

...I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better, I love mama and her calf.

Joyful said...

The footbridge looks awesome. Sorry I haven't visited for a couple days and missed the news you are feeling poorly. Please take it easy until you are feeling well. Hugs. xx

Rose said...

So glad you are feeling better...I hope your strength returns soon. The water feature is looking good, and that calf is just too cute for words.

Ruth Hiebert said...

It seems like with this cold virus, it takes a while to get the energy back. I'm not back there yet either. Love your bridge.

Adam said...

Cute cows

KEV. Robertson. said...

Ken is sure doing a fine job of it with the Bridge and all the Stone Work- well done.

Vee said...

Very glad that you are on the mend. Those dry coughs are annoying, but I’m sure that you have good home remedies for it. Ken moves right along on a project.That looks very sharp with the house colors on it. Looking forward to seeing the water feature in action. As for you on your morning walk...take it easy.

Granny Marigold said...

It's good to hear you're on the mend.
The bridge is looking great and I like the rock wall. I've been watching walking in the UK videos and admiring the rock fences that seem to be around every field.

CountryMum said...

Great to read that you are feeling much better. Well done Ken, that is an impressive little bridge and stonework.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Lovely bridge.

Keep warm. Praying for your good health.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I am glad you are feeling better. The foot bridge is really nice. I love the cows and sweet calf. Happy weekend to you!

Kerin said...

Nice to hear that you are feeling better.
I'm sure that you're looking forward to resuming your walking routine.

Beautiful footbridge and I do love the look of all of that stacked stone.

Smiles :)
~K.

Connie said...

Sorry that I haven't visited for a while. Sorry that you have been sick but very happy to hear that you're on the mend. I am impressed with your bridge and the rock walls are beautiful. The two of you are working so hard and it shows . . . your new home in the woods is gorgeous :)
Have a sweet walk and don't over do it too soon.
Thank you again for your prayers, they mean so much and we are grateful.
Connie :)

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

So good that you are feeling better! I hope you continue to do so. How pretty the bridge looks! I love those rocks!

William Kendall said...

Good that you are getting better. Mama and her calf are nice to see.

Henny Penny said...

Now that is a nice footbridge. It's so pretty. I just love all the stone around your new home, and can't wait to see the water feature. Glad you're feeling better. This stuff just doesn't know when to go away. I still have a few piles of limbs to add to our fence. I think about you every time I work on the fence.

Debby Ray said...

Wow..that looks great!

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Love the cows! I hope this finds you feeling better each day! Love the rocked bridge!Take care!

ellen b. said...

Good to hear you are feeling better. That cough just lingers. Love the bridge and the natural fence. We've been working in the back acres the last couple days and happy with some progress. Have a wonderful Sunday...Palm Sunday.

Carol Henstra said...

Beautiful farm and your hubby is pretty handy.