Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, October 13, 2018

Finished

Was surprised to wake up to rain this morning.
It was also dark, 39 degrees and very windy.
Decided to take my walk around the loop in the basement.

Figured we wouldn't be doing any concrete work today
because of the rain so we went out and did a few errands
in the morning.

One of our errands took us to the library to pick up a couple of books that
I had on reserve.
I also picked up the first two books of the Laura Ingalls Wilder
series.  Little House in the Big Woods and Little House on the Prairie.
So many people have read this series when they were kids
but for some reason I never did so I decided to read them.
 Did a few other errands and had lunch while we were out.

I was planning on reading this afternoon.
BUT the rain stopped and though the sun didn't come out
the wind dried things up and we decided to do some more
concrete work.

I am very happy to say that we FINISHED the job.
Worked from 1:30 - 5:30 and finished another pallet
plus 12 more of the third pallet and so used up 54 concrete bags.
We almost quit after finishing up a pallet but was so near the
end we decided to push on and finish.  So glad we did.
What a good feeling to be done.

 We will keep the extra concrete bags that we didn't use
for some other project.

Sorry no pictures for today.

This evening I'll be watching an episode of Midsomer Murders,
making some weave-it squares for the latest baby blanket,
have a brownie with ice cream again, and then reading till bedtime.

It's been a good day.
Hope your day has been a good one too.
Life is Good
happyone  💕

17 comments:

Tom said...

...we had the same weather today.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Job well done.

Vee said...

Well that is a good job done! I think you are going to like reading the Little House series. My favorite is Farmer Boy the story of Almanzo.

Granny Marigold said...

It must be a great feeling to be finished that concrete work!

BTW, I see you also have strange comments that sneak in. I seem to get them at least once a week but why is beyond me.

Terra said...

Like you I watched a Midsomer Murders episode today, I am on season 8. Congrats on completing the concrete job.

Adam said...

I like that my library reserves stuff for me with a simple click online. It's wonderful.

Joyful said...

Weather sounds horrendous but it will likely change soon. I haven't read the books by Laura Ingalls Wilder either but will one day. I watched the TV series "Little House on the Prairie" and enjoyed it so much. Recently I read a booked called "The Selected Letters of Laura Ingalls Wilder" by William Anderson. It was very interesting.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

It's amazing how those Midsomer Murders guys always manage to solve the case just before the episode ends. How do they do that? I've never seen an episode where they say, "Sorry, we haven't got a clue who did it. Despite reading the TV scripts we still don't understand who did it and how and why".

God bless.

Lisa said...

Gladt you got that finished! Im currently at the beach on the East Coast. It’s been in the 70s and 80s this weekend, but today (sunday) it’s finally cooling down. Im sitting outside blogging right now in shorts and a tshirt but the sun feels soo good .

Lisa

eileeninmd said...

Hello, the cold weather is here now too. I am happy downloading my library books to my ipad. Happy Sunday, enjoy your day and have a great new week ahead.

William Kendall said...

Bravo on finishing the job!

Here the nights are cool, and it warms up a bit in the daytime. Beautiful conditions today- I went fall colour photographing.

lil red hen said...

You will love the "Little House" books; one just can't stop with reading two. I have the complete set and have read them over and over. The TV show was nothing like the books, in my opinion.

Lowcarb team member said...

Very well done indeed on finishing!

I enjoy Midsomer Murders.

All the best Jan

Karen said...

I love the Little House books. I bought the whole set years ago and reread them every few years. My family knows when I'm reading them - I tend to bake more and be more frugal than usual! If I'm hanging laundry outside on a winter day, someone will inevitably say, "Mom's reading Little House again...." I hope you enjoy the books. I've been lurking and not commenting much, but have been following your house progress. It is beautiful!

happyone said...

Thanks for stopping by. Thank you. We love living up in the woods. : ) Hope all is well with you.

ellen b. said...

You two have such great energy to get a job done!

M.K. said...

That was a very good day's work!