Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, September 14, 2018

Outside work

62 degrees this morning and cloudy with a light misty drizzle at times,
though not enough to get me wet.  It actually felt good and kept me cool.

Walked the Hilly Loop.
5.2 miles 

Passing a driveway a dog came running down barking but thankfully
stopped at the end of the driveway and by that time the owner
called her back inside.
Glad I've started taking my walking stick with me.  Makes me feel better 
just having it in case.

The big white house that I pass had two big dogs in the front yard
today and barked but they were part Lab and friendly so wasn't concerned.
The lady of the house came out and said good morning and brought the dogs inside.

This morning walking up the last very steep quarter of a mile hill 
to my house was the first day I didn't have to stop for a rest.
A bit slow going at the end but I made it all the way up. ๐Ÿ˜Š
๐Ÿ„     ๐ŸฆŒ     ๐Ÿ•
 Ken went outside right after breakfast to work on the culvert at the
end of the driveway. 
I joined him after getting my morning work done.
 Had to lower the culvert pipe so dug a ditch,
then rolled the pipe into it.
Back filled it.
Also got the mailbox post in. 
End of work day picture.
A couple cows walked up to the fence to take a look at what we were doing.
The nice weather of yesterday only lasted one day.
Today was cloudy and every so often a misty rain would fall.
But it didn't keep us from getting that culvert finished.

And that's been my day.
Life is Good
A happy day to you.
happyone  ๐Ÿ’•

"Anticipate the day as if it was your birthday
and you are turning six again."
~ Mike Dolan

12 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

I always enjoy seeing your photographs - love those cows.
Well done on getting the culvert finished.

All the best Jan

Anonymous said...

Aren't they beautiful ;-)

Anonymous said...

Isn't this nicer weather a Blessing? Glad he got that done. now it will not wash out there, :-)

Tom said...

...neat looking cows!

Dianna said...

I am sorry that there are so many dogs on this walking route of yours. I'm glad you carry that walking stick with you. I'm also glad that the owners come and call the dogs in when they start barking.

Would you believe that we didn't have even a drizzle today? It looks as if you and Ken had a very fulfilling day! Hope your weekend is good!

Adam said...

You almost wonder why the pipe doesn't get crushed by the weight, but it works.

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Cows and culverts...now you don't see that on many blogs these days!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Love those cows. You certainly are busy.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, labradors are usually always friendly. I love the cow photo. enjoy your day and weekend!

William Kendall said...

Those plants are shimmering.

Debby Ray said...

Good work! That last photo...well, I just love it!

John M said...

I like the way the cows came to see what was going on. I wonder what they were thinking.