Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Empty Garage

A cloudy morning but did see the sun once in a while.
It was 56 degrees.
Walked over to the laundromat to put a flyer for a church
event up on the bulletin board.
Then continued on down the road for a mile or so.
Turned around and on the way back walked around the 
industrial park.
Back in town I spotted Kathy and walked the last mile with
her as we talked.

A few rabbits about and some of them looked quite small.

Walked 6 miles
Found a dime and two pennies
๐Ÿ’ฐ     ๐Ÿ’ฐ
Mid morning I drove my beautiful red car for the last time when I drove
it to Doug who has found a buyer.
It was sad but still think it was the right decision.
It was weird to come home and not see my car in the garage.
 
We decided to put some brick pavers on the driveway in front
of the garages and went to order them from a company in PA
just a few miles away.
They will arrive in 3 - 4 weeks.
For now we will put the pavers about 6 feet out
and eventually get more as we get time and money.

Packed up the rest of my Fiestaware and brought it to the new
house.  Happy to say no breakage.

I thought just one home inspector had to give the final approval but
a few of them have to come.
One came today and a few things need to be fixed.  Just little things
that can be tended to easily.
Still hoping it will all get done this week and we plan to move in on Saturday,
BUT we may have to wait a few more days.

We were in Grantsville today and I snapped a picture of the
Amish buggy. 
Only have 14 more weave-its to make for the baby blanket.
I've been sewing them row by row so won't have a lot of sewing at
the end.  Will probably get at least 5 squares done tonight.

We had weather like yesterday, raining one minute and sunny the next.
Hope your day was a good one and you smiled often.
Life is Good
happyone  ๐ŸŽˆ

"Nobody trips over mountains.
It is the small pebble that causes you to stumble.
Pass all the pebbles in your path and you will find
you have crossed the mountain."
~ unknown 

12 comments:

Kerin said...

Bittersweet to see your car go, I'm sure.
Bet the new owner is pretty excited to get it though :)

Oh, I wish we would start to cool down a bit. Or get some rain. Or both!

Happily, we did find a quarter this morning on our walk. Score!

Smiles :)
~K.

Tom said...

...an empty garage, mine is filled with junk and the car sits in the drive.

ellen b. said...

Exciting times for you. Hope all the inspection items get taken care of and you get the final okay on your new place!

Terra said...

How exciting for you to be this close to moving in. I would love to live in Amish country where I would see them in their buggies, as I am a horse lover and admire the Amish's simple country living.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Sounds like you are making progress with the move. I have to ask, has your current home sold already?

Granny Marigold said...

My husband built houses for many years and it is his opinion that Inspectors like to find at least a couple of things that "need to be fixed". I guess it makes them feel they're doing their job. Hope you get to move in very soon.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Over here we have inspectors inspecting the inspectors. They even wanted to inspect whether I had a clean handkerchief in my pocket. I asked them why. They said in case I cried when I saw how much the inspections will cost me.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, pretty view from your walks. I know you are sorry to see your corvette sold. It is good to have these inspections. I was not sure if I missed that your old house was sold? Happy Wednesday, enjoy your day!

Lisa said...

I hope the new buyer takes care of her like you did. I know its got to be hard to see it leave.
Lisa

Adam said...

We have no Amish here, but I'm glad. I would hate dealing with those guys on the road

Lowcarb team member said...

"It was weird to come home and not see my car in the garage."
Yes, it must be strange … but I think the time was right to sell it.

… hope you get to move in fully very soon.

All the best Jan

Melanie said...

Oh no! Your gorgeous Vette is gone? And I lost my chance to drive it!!