Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, July 04, 2018

Spider Web

This morning at 6:30 when I left on my walk it was 64 degrees,
sunny and very still which made it pretty warm.  
I would have welcomed one of those rain showers.
Not a lot of color in the sky this morning but still it was beautiful.
Quite a lot of activity around town with people getting ready for
the parade than runs down the middle of town.
It doesn't start till 11:00 but a few people already had chairs
along the road saving their viewing spots.
George was out putting up the parade sign.
A few people who live on the main street with porches
were sitting out having their morning coffee.

People were out running and walking too.
I saw a man running, two men running, a woman walking, and another woman
walking.  Don't usually see so many morning people.

I had my usual 6 mile walk around town.
Found a penny.
๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ     ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ     ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ
The parade in town ends right in front of our house so we
sat on the porch and watched it from there.

After the parade and lunch Ken went up to the new house
but I decided to stay home.
He wasn't up there long however because a thunder storm
came rolling through.

I cut up the fruit and added it to
the sauce I made yesterday to bring to the picnic
at Ronnie and Carols house which we will be going to a bit later.
  They go to our church and have invited everyone
from church to their house for a picnic.
(Yes, it is the same Ronnie who is building our house.)

The recipe for the Fruit Salad is HERE.

I think I'll read until it is time to go.

A happy day to you.
Life is Good
happyone  ๐Ÿ’•

"We on this continent should never forget that men
first crossed the Atlantic not to find soil for their ploughs
but to secure liberty for their souls."
~ Robert J McCracken

"It is easy to take liberty for granted,
when you have never had it taken from you."
~unknown, sometimes attributed to M Grundler

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA
๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ     ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ     ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ

18 comments:

Tom said...

...wow, what a web!!!

Pom Pom said...

Pretty web!
I am glad you have fun plans for the 4th! Happy Independence Day, Karen!

Lowcarb team member said...

Goodness, what a web that is!
Love the skies in your second photograph.

All the best Jan

Ruth Hiebert said...

The spider web is stunning.Have a great day.

Adam said...

Happy 4th

Mylittlepieceofengland said...

Happy 4th of July. What an amazing photo of a web xx

Lisa said...

That spider web looks like its beaded with the water droplets. Really cool and perfect shot.
I would love to see a 4th of July parade. We are heading out to a cookout with family. We should be able to see the towns fireworks from there. Happy 4th!
Lisa

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

I think Americans who have never lived in other countries take our own for granted. I was stationed in the Phillipines in 1970/1971 and I was never so happy to get back home. Truly, you never know what you have until you lose it.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That web is so intricate! What a great photo especially with that background. I hope you've had a nice afternoon! Happy 4th!

Granny Marigold said...

Your pictures are always so lovely but that spider web one is awesome!!

Vee said...

As beautiful as your photography always is, I loved the words describing small town America getting ready for a parade. Delightful! Hope you had a wonderful day with your friends.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, the web is amazing. I love the sky capture. I hope you had a happy 4th of July! Happy Thursday, enjoy your day!

Silver in AZ said...

that is one massive web! Glad you had a great holiday!

John M said...

The photo of the spider's web with the cemetery in the background is a masterpiece!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

That spider's web is huge. Have you seen Spiderman?

God bless.

happyone said...

Thank you for the compliment. I never considered myself much of a writer and what you say is very encouraging.

happyone said...

Not recently. : )

Kerri Farley said...

Wow - i LOVE that Web!!!!