Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, July 02, 2018

Daisies for Lisa

This morning at 6:30 when I left on my morning walk it was 65 degrees
and sunny.  Walked first to the post office and mailed a birthday card
to my third oldest granddaughter who lives in Alabama.
Walked down the main street and up Barn Sale Rd to see the cows.
Black ones used to be here and then no cows for a while.
Now these brownish/red cows are over here from the other pasture 
across the street.
 They all started mooing when I walked by.
This little one stood by the fence so I took a picture.
Walked back to town and around the ball park loop and both cemeteries.
One of the cemeteries has fields on three sides of it and there were
some rolled hay bales in it.
I walked into the field to take a picture.
When I got right up next to it I realized just how big they are.
I am 5'5" and here I am standing with my back to it.
 Saw Bill out walking again as well as Rebecca walking her dog and another lady
who I saw for the first time the other day. 

Walked 6 miles
πŸ„     πŸ„     πŸ„
We took the dump trailer once again and got some more loads of stone.  
We got crush and run this time.
We are getting to know Lisa who works there quite well 
after being there so many times.
She sits in a little tiny shack all day telling the guy in the HUGE
tractor how much and what kind of stone people need.
She also takes care of the weighing on the scales and payment.
This morning before we left I picked a bunch of daisies from my 
garden and put them in a mason jar with water.
When she opened the little window for us to tell her what we wanted,
I handed her the flowers and told her to have a Happy Day.
She was quite pleased.  😊

We got two loads of crush and run in the morning.
Then we headed over to church.  Left the dump trailer there
and took the new church trailer to the sign place where it is
getting the church graphics put on it and left it there.
Then back to church to pick up the dump trailer.

Stopped for lunch at Taco Bell.
Went to Walmart to pick up a couple of things while we were in the area.
Stopped at the stone place for the third crush and run load.

By this time it was clouding up and it looked like rain 
and I had clothes drying on the line,
so Ken dropped me off home and he continued on up to the new house
with the load of stone.

Got the clothes in and still no rain so I put in a load of Ken's
very dirty work pants and got them out on the line.
Meanwhile I baked another batch of cookies (chocolate chippers)
for Bible Time next week.  Total baked so far is 16 dozen.  

The thunder started about 4:30 and I thought for sure
it would rain any second so I took Ken's work pants in to finish
drying inside.
A lot of noisy thunder but we only got a few drops of rain.
Met David at Brenda's for supper which has become a weekly thing
now even if we don't get half price pizza.
We usually to at 5:00 but today David had to work an
extra hour so we met at 6:00.

The rain has finally arrived to give the grass and flowers a drink.
 Nice to be home now to enjoy a quite evening.
Before long (God willing) we will have another day to enjoy.

Hope you smiled often today.
Life is Good
happyone  πŸ’•

 "It is better to wear out than to rust out."
~ Richard Cumberland

18 comments:

Pom Pom said...

How nice of you to give daisies to Lisa. I bet that job is rough. Hot, too. Happy walking!

Tom said...

...high 90s with thunder and little or no rain here, what a bummer!

Adam said...

I hope she's comfortable in her little shack

Lisa said...

How sweet you are. I know those daisies had to brighten her day!
Lisa

Carol W. said...

That was so nice of you to give her a daisy surprise! I'm sure she'll think of your smiling face whenever she looks at them! God bless you!

Joyful said...

Lovely scenic and animal photos. It sounds like you had quite the busy day with the stones, the laundry and watching for the rain and baking. It was nice of you to give the lady a jar of flowers. I'm sure it made her day :-)

Granny Marigold said...

We had a lovely rain last night. All the rain barrels are full again. We pay for city water so any power washing etc. is done with rain water gathered in 5 or 6 barrels around the house and workshop.

Sandi said...

Good morning, happyone!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

It is amazing how big those hay bales are. Over in the UK they are sometimes wrapped in plastic sheets to keep them dry in winter.

God bless.

happyone said...

Some of the farmers here do that too.

Leslie said...

sounds like you are inspiring more people to walk! ( I've been putting 10'000 steps on my tracker all week). That was so sweet of you to deliver flowers while picking up the stone. I'm sure you made her day!!! I wish more people did simple things like that, the world would be a better place.
16 dozen cookies... you're kitchen must smell amazing!

Hope that you have a great 4th of July!!!

Silver in AZ said...

that was so super thoughtful of you, giving her the daisies. :)

Henny Penny said...

Wish I could write like you! You had a busy day, and it seems like you always get a lot done. The daisies for the lady was such a nice thing to do. I'll bet it made her day.

Aritha V. said...

Love to read about YOU, making someone smiling. Very good.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I am sure Lisa loved the daisies, that is really sweet! Happy 4th of July. Have a great week!

Ruta M. said...

We're waiting for rain too. Those cows look suspiciously like North Devon Reds aka Ruby Reds though more probably a related breed - American Devons.

happyone said...

I thought you were kidding about the American Devons, but I looked it up and saw it is a breed. Next time I run into Farmer Marvin I'll ask him.

Lowcarb team member said...

That was such a nice idea, and so thoughtful, about the daisies :)

All the best Jan