Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, June 14, 2018

Oreo's

Walked the Farm Loop this morning.
55 degrees and sunny but there were some low clouds.
Just turned off the main road where I was in sunshine
and I walked into the cloud.
Farther along the farm loop.
Once back in town, I made a big loop around town to get in
6 miles.

I'll probably walk the Farm Loop more often now that the kids are
out of school and I don't have the school buses to watch out for.
When we move it will be just a bit too far to walk so might as walk
it while I can.

Ken destroyed his phone yesterday.
He put it down on the tailgate of the truck and forgot about it.
Then when he put up the tailgate and it got crushed.
So this morning we went and he got a new one.
 Also made a stop at Lowe's 
and did some food shopping at Walmart.

After lunch we went up to the new house.  
Ronnie and Walter were working on the soffits and trim.
It is a red and almost matches the color around the windows.
I'll take a picture once the siding starts to go up.
That will be a greenish gray color.

No one to come to see the house yet, maybe this weekend.
Nice that so many of you are optimistic about the house selling fast.
Sure hope you're right but houses here in this area usually
take quite a while to sell.
There are 10 houses in the area for sale and some of them have been
on the market for over a year.

Having something different than ice cream for my snack later.
Golden Oreo's which I've never had before.
Have you seen how many DIFFERENT kinds of Oreo's are
out there now?!!  Would you believe 61.
Looked it up and here is a link to all the different kinds.
Kinds of Oreo's

Hope your day was a happy one.
Life is Good
happyone 💕

"He is the happiest, be he king or peasant,
who finds peace in his home."
~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

16 comments:

Vee said...

My optimism may be unwarranted, but God knows just what you need. Besides, The Ponderosa sold in three months plus a little bit and it was a much harder sell. I am pretty sure. Things look so marvelously green over there in farm country.

Michelle said...

You have to stay positive. What other option is there?! I confess that I don't like Oreos!

Lowcarb team member said...

Love your second photograph.
Good luck with your house sale.

All the best Jan

happyone said...

Yes, He does. : )
This is one of my favorite times of year, it's beautiful here.

Tom said...

...I have a bulletproof flip phone, I'm an accident waiting to happen.

Ruth Hiebert said...

These calm pastoral scenes are so lovely. Call me picky, but when it comes to Oreos,I prefer to stick with the original ones.

Granny Marigold said...

Too bad about the crushed phone.
I'm another person who doesn't care for Oreos.

Sandi said...

That is just too many types of Oreos to choose from!

happyone said...

Yes, you're right. : )

Leslie said...

I love your photos from the farm loop. Sorry about Ken's phone!
Hope that you enjoyed your Oreo's. You just reminded me, I have to check to see if the firework edition are out yet.

Have a great weekend.

Lisa said...

They need to leave Oreos alone. I seen "popcorn" flavored Oreos the other day at Walmart. Just yuk. However, I have tried some of the other flavors, but nothing beats the original.
Lisa

Ida said...

What a pretty place for a walk. Will you have different areas to walk when you move to the new house. - I tried the Cinnamon Oreo's and loved them.

Henny Penny said...

I can't wait to see your new house! Sure didn't know Oreo had 61 flavors. The golden oreos are good but like Lisa said, nothing beats the original. Poppy and I are going to Lowes and Walmart this evening and will probably stop by Food Lion for Turkey Hill ice cream. :)

happyone said...

I agree, though the Golden ones weren't bad and I do like the mint ones.

happyone said...

Will be 2 1/2 miles outside of town so I can still walk to town but also can walk the other way and it will be different.

ellen b. said...

We enjoy those golden oreos around here. The lemon ones are good, too. Glad you can enjoy the bus route for a while before you move.