Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Sunny

Though it was only 26 degrees this morning, I'm happy it isn't snowing,
no rain, no wind and the sun is shining. 😊
It was up to 30 degrees when I got back home and eventually it
made it in the 50's.

Walked through town, around both cemeteries, and the ball park,
and around town.
The geese were at the edge of the pond but got frightened as I passed
and took off in the water.
Here's another of those ice puddles that I like.
Walked 5.7 miles
🌼     🌼
My left side is a bit sore from yesterdays fall but really can't complain.
There is a bruise on my thigh but it is a lovely shade of lavender/blue.

Yesterdays snow didn't seem to bother my blooming daffodils and
they are as pretty as ever today.

Right after breakfast we went and picked up the wood flooring and
delivered it to the new house.  It has to be in the house for a couple
of days for the wood to acclimate so the floors will get started Monday.
Hopefully all goes well with this second try.

Walked over to the library at 4:45 for some coloring fun.
Haven't been for quite a while and glad to get back to it.
 There were just two of us there but Lena and I enjoyed a nice chat
while we colored. 

Ken picked me up at 6:25 and we went to church.
 When we got home, watched a Lost in Space (not the old one) episode on Netflix
while we had our ice cream snack.
I've been having cookies and cream the last few days.

Life is Good
Count your blessings
happyone  💕

"We have to pray with our eyes on God,
not on the difficulties."
~ Oswald Chambers

8 comments:

Adam said...

I always hate a bruise that comes out far worse than you ever expected. I hope yours heals quickly

Tom said...

...let's hope that spring right around the corner!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Glad you're getting better after your fall. Praying for you.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, sorry about your fall. I hope you feel better and recover quickly. It seems crazy to be still seeing snow this late in April. Happy Thursday, enjoy your day and weekend!

Henny Penny said...

I just read your last post about your fall. Glad you didn't break anything. Falls are so scary! Well, especially at my age! I simply can't believe all the snow and ice still up your way. Maybe spring will get there soon. You seem to always find the good in things...like the pretty color of your bruise! :)

Debby Ray said...

Great action shot of those geese! The ice puddle is really quite unique...I like it too. How exciting to finally getting your floors in! Glad you're not suffering too bad from that fall and I had to snicker about liking the pretty color of your bluish-purple bruise. :D

Aritha V. said...

Nice quote below your blog. Thanks. O and I hope I can make you glad with my flower photos.

Lowcarb team member said...

Wow, I love your first photograph.
Hope your bruise soon heals and disappears.

All the best Jan