Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, March 17, 2018

Baking Cookies

A chilly 16 degrees this morning at 6:45 when I left
on my morning walk.
It was very still out with not even a breeze.
I watched the sun come up.
Took this picture a couple of minutes later.
Walked straight through town and up Barn Sale Rd a little ways,
then down toward Happy Trails, turned around and went back to town.
 I was able to walk around both cemeteries today.
The snow had melted enough that it wasn't too deep for my snow sneakers.
Part of the ball park loop is in a lot of shade so the snow there was 
still too deep.
Nice being able to walk in the sun in again, though it did
disappear behind the clouds once I got home.

Icicles hanging at the library.
Look how thick the ice is on this little branch.
I'm surprised that the branch didn't break off.
Walked 6 miles
🍀     🍀
 By lunch time it was snowing again.
It was kind of dreary outside this afternoon so I thought I'd
try one of the recipes from the book, The Carrot Cake Murder that I'm reading.
But first had to run to the store for white chocolate chips.
The cookies are called Viking Cookies.
Recipe can be found on my recipe blog.

We stopped up at the new house to look around.
The heat is now on.
Crown Molding was down in the basement on saw horses with
the first coat of paint on.

Just going to make some grilled cheese sandwiches for supper tonight.
Then have a nice quiet evening at home.

Life is Good
Count your blessings and have a happy day.
happyone  💕

15 comments:

Tom said...

...what a way to start the day.

Christine said...

Pretty pink sky this morning! That's a very heavy lump of ice & huge dagger icicles!
Enjoy your evening!

Sandi said...

Stunning sunrise!

Lisa said...

Grilled cheese sounds awesome. Im sitting here at the beach. Though its currently 68 degrees. Its so cold we are staying in the camper. Its windy. A grilled cheese and some tomato soup would be good right about now. And some of those cookies!
Lisa

Ruth Hiebert said...

That sunrise is awesome.

ellen b said...

Sixteen degrees! That's cold. Cool photos of those icicles and frozen branch! Sounds like a great day to bake and enjoy grilled cheese!

Adam said...

That is quite a lot of ice

eileeninmd said...

Hello, your sunrise photos are gorgeous. That is a big chunk of ice. You will have to let me knw how you like the cookies and recipe. Happy Sunday, enjoy your day and the new week ahead!

Happy@Home said...

I haven't seen icicles like that since I lived in Michigan.
Your cookies sound yummy. I'm off to check out the recipe.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

It looks very cold indeed. Keep warm and take care.

The snow has returned, again, in the UK. It is freezing here.

God bless.

Lowcarb team member said...

Just a fabulous selection of photographs Karen, I enjoyed seeing them all.

All the best Jan

Vee said...

The sunrises you’ve seen! Viking Cookies, eh? Off to your recipe blog.

Henny Penny said...

Can't even imagine it being that cold...and all that ice! I'm surprised too that the little limb didn't break. Your pictures are amazing, and from your last two posts too. I've just caught up.

sharon said...

The snow is beautiful and it must be great to walk and see it. I know you seem to walk about 6 miles a day. How long does it take you to walk that?

happyone said...

If you click on the 'Walk' page at the top all walking questions will be answered.
Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. 😊