Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, March 30, 2018

Baby Blanket

This picture is from a few years ago.
Thought it would help remind me that spring weather will be here one day soon.
 Woke up a little later than usual.  It was a dark, misty, and rainy morning 
and 42 degrees when I left the house a little after 7:00 in my
rain gear again.
Walked around town up and down the streets and around one of the
cemeteries and the ball park loop.
A quiet morning around town.
Didn't see any one and didn't see any animals either.
Only walked 4.3 miles this morning.
My feet were wet (just wore my regular walking shoes)
and I was getting hungry.
 Hoping tomorrow will be a sunny day.😊
🌷     🌷
Ken had already left to have breakfast at Denny's with a friend
and then to get a trailer load of gravel for by the new house
when I got back home from walking.
I made myself waffles for breakfast.  It had been quite a while
since I made them and it was a treat to put a dollop of whipped cream on top.

Got some of that housework done I put off.
And then finished sewing the baby blanket squares together.
Ken got another load of gravel on his own and then later in the afternoon
 I went with him for load number 3. 
 It is sitting in the driveway here at the house and tomorrow
he'll go dump it and spread it around with the tractor.

Almost time for supper so off I go.

Life is Good
Count your blessings
happyone  💕

When we put our cares in His hands,
He puts His peace in our hearts.
~ unknown

11 comments:

Tom said...

...I like the bright cheery flowers.

Sandi said...

Beautiful purple flowers!

Adam said...

I'm hoping spring sticks this time, its' almost easter

Michelle said...

Those purple flowers will spur us all on toward real springtime temps.

Dianna said...

I surely did enjoy that first picture in this post. One day we will see the sun again! :-)

eileeninmd said...

Hello, the flowers are beautiful and the baby blanket is pretty. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend. Happy Easter to you and your family.

Christine said...

Those petunias are in my favourite colour!
Have a blessed Easter!

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Industrious you are! We are finally starting to green up around her in NE Texas. Winter has lasted and lingered quite a while. Enjoyed seeing that amazing cluster of flowers.

Ruth Hiebert said...

It seems that at this time of year we need reminders of spring.It will come.

Aritha V. said...

Nice blanket! How large is one block? How many on the knitting needle?

happyone said...

The squares are made on a 4 inch weaving loom called a Weave-it.
If you click on the link below the posts on 'Weave-its' it will give you more information.